Quick and Easy Dinners

We have all been there.  We have meetings, classes, and so much work it is ridiculous, but somehow between all of that we have to make time to cook.  Here are some quick and easy recipes for those days that you can’t pretend you work for the Food Network:

1.  Stir Fry

What's great about this meal is that it can be made vegetarian or with meat.  

Image via:  Giphy

Ingredients:

• Chicken (optional)

• Veggies (I use broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and peppers)

• Rice Noodles

• Soy Sauce

• Garlic

Cook the chicken in a pan with a bit of oil and some garlic.  When it is almost cooked completely, add in a bit of soy sauce.  Take it out of the pan and put the vegetables in.  At the same time boil the rice noodles.  When vegetables are soft, add in the noodles, chicken, some more soy sauce and stir until coated and mixed thoroughly.

2.  Rice Bowls

Ingredients:

• Rice

• Meat of choice (can use vegetarian meat substitutes)

• Peppers

• Spices of choice (I use paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic)

Mix up the spices and cover the bite sized meat (I use chicken) in the spices.  Cook in some oil until fully cooked.  At the same time make rice.  When both are done, mix the rice, meat, and vegetables together.

3.  Meat Sauce

Image via: Giphy

Ingredients:

• Can pasta sauce

• Pasta

• Hamburger

• Garlic

• Italian Seasonings

• Onion

Cook up the hamburger with some onion, garlic, and italian seasonings.  At the same time cook pasta.  When the hamburger is cooked add in the pasta sauce and some additional seasonings.  Mix with cooked pasta.

These are just a few quick and easy recipes.  What do you make when you don’t have time to cook?

Be sure to check out our Cooking for Yourself series for more cooking advice!