Style

Is Primark as Good as their Reputation Suggests?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Primark is an interesting company. They seems to have a pretty powerful internet presence and a great display of their items online. Yet you can only buy their products from physical stores, which are scattered across the US, Ireland, Europe, and the UK. This is probably the saddest thing about this company. They have such awesome stuff, but you have to actually be able to get to a store to get it.

But let’s take a look at some of the products. They have a pretty surprising array. Not only do they have the general categories that you’d expect for a clothing store such as formal wear and shoes and jeans for men, women, and kids, but they also have everything from some tech to some kitchen accessories to blankets and pillows! There is definitely more to this store than meets the eye.

Image via Primark

One of the ways that you might get a bit doubtful is in their prices. $15 for Jeans. I’m pretty sure that’s about the same if not cheaper than it is to buy jeans at Walmart.  $18 for a NICE suit jacket? $21 for a good pair of Doc Martin looking shoes? Not on sale? It just seems weird. It makes you feel like you’re waiting for the other shoe to drop with a price that cheap.

Image via Author

Yet, their products are good. I can’t say anything about their other products, but the hats that I have are really nice. The purple knit hat (pictured above) is not too thick yet keeps my ears and head warm 40 degrees and windy. Their red beanie (you can see featured on out twitter) was literally the softest hat that I have ever felt. It wrinkled super easily, which was a bit of a bummer, but it still works and looks nice when you’re wearing it.

So, if you happen to be near a Primark, I’d stop by in and give them a chance.

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.