This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

The idea of acnedote pimple patches is a great one! If you have a big pimple coming on you don’t have to spend a large amount of time or resources trying to clean your whole face in hopes of that one spot going away. Instead, you can just place this little, circular sticker over it and wait for it to go away. It’s a sleek design that saves time and resources.

Image via Alba Botanica

For a little under $8 at Target or on Amazon, a box comes with 40 patches. Any less and it wouldn’t really be worth the money. There are no real instructions on the box other than to put the patch over the pimple and to not leave it on for longer than 8 hours. The patches are also latex free, which is great for people with allergies. But, all of that only really matters if it works.

Image via author

Alba Botanica promises “invisible patches [that] disappear on skin and stay in place even while you sleep.” As you can see in the picture above, this patch isn’t quite as invisible as they promise. If covered with makeup, you might be able to get away without anyone noticing it. Maybe. The most disappointing thing, though is that it also didn’t really seem to do anything. The pimples looked no different when the patches came off than when they went on. At first glance, it seems that the patches must have done something because there was a bunch of stuff sticking to the patches. But, upon closer inspection, these seemed to just be the tiny hairs that cover and protect your face.

A great idea, but it doesn’t deliver half of what is promised.

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.