Outfit Inspiration for New Year’s Eve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Do you feel anxiety over what to wear on the most hyped up night of the year?  If your answer was no, I’m sure I just made you a little nervous but don’t worry, this post should help guide you in the right direction!  Who knows, maybe it will even get you a coveted kiss at midnight!

Whenever people think about what to wear on New Year’s Eve, I would bet the most popular answer is something with sparkles.  For this new year you don’t want to be like everyone else, but this doesn’t mean you can’t do a sparkly dress.  Choose a sequin dress with a pattern or a trendy shift dress with sequins to set yourself apart from the many girls that will inevitably be wearing a tight dress of glitter.

If you still want a dress with a little bit of extra pizazz then fringe may be your answer!  This Free People dress will definitely get heads to turn as you walk through the door!

However, if you are over wearing dresses don’t let expectations hold you back!  This romper and these jumpsuits (here and here) are a perfect silhouette to make a fashion statement at the event.  These styles are way more comfortable to have fun and dance all night long!

One of my new favorite ways to bring an outfit to life is by adding (faux) fur!  You can take a simple dress, such as the one pictured, and layer it with either a fur scarf or jacket.  This makes your drab outfit into a chic, put together look!

Other ways to complete your outfit could be to throw on a pair of lace up heels which are very in at the moment…

add an interesting pair of tights

or sheer socks, which has become one of my new favorite up and coming looks!

If none of these additions seem to be your style, a choker and/or a cute clutch always seals the deal to make a completed outfit.

No matter what, don’t overthink your look too much!

I hope this post has inspired you and guided you into creating a polished, trendy look to bring in the new year right!

I am currently a senior at Gettysburg College!  I am an English major with a Wrting concentration and Women Gender Studies minor.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.