This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

What better way to spend your time at home social distancing than finally accomplishing your to-be-read pile? If you need to freshen things up a bit, here are 5 books to try!

Girl Squads by Sam Maggs

You definitely need to look into this if you’ve been feeling a little unmotivated. Spanning a bunch of disciplines, Maggs explores the world of inspiring ladies! This book helped me feel powerful and grounded during this crazy time!

The Library Book by Susan Orlean

Susan Orlean introduces us to a lovely cast of characters, past and present, reflecting on the 1986 fire in the Los Angeles Public Library and the continued roles of these incredible places. Interwoven is the mystery of who started the fire. Orlean clearly has a talent for research and her love letter to the world of books and libraries is infectious. This book has a talent for making me feel warm inside, especially when cozied up with a hot cup of tea.

The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman

When quiet bookstore employee Nina Hill learns the father she never met is dead, she is swept up by a family she never knew existed. This story follows Nina through new sibling relationships, defending her bookshop, falling in love, and coming out of her shell. This cheesy rom-com-style book is just a nice distraction from the outside world.

Dictionary Stories by Jez Burrows

This book was such a fun read!! Jez Burrows created a series of short stories using example sentences from dictionaries. These short, page-long stories are perfect for when you need a little moment away from your screen between classes. You definitely need to pick this up if you need a laugh!

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

I’m actually just starting on this book but I am LOVING it so far! This is a book to remind you to love and live for yourself by forgetting expectations for women. This book is the definition of empowering!

Grace Gallagher

Gettysburg '22

Grace is a senior double-majoring in History and Political Science with a minor in Middle East and Islamic Studies at Gettysburg College. She is involved in the Gettysburg College Historical Society, Alpha Phi Omega, and is the senior editor for the Gettysburg chapter of HerCampus. She loves coffee and dogs more than anything.