This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Most people that know me know that I really love coffee. I started with iced coffee and slowly became a fan of cold brew. It is definitely my go-to beverage most days. However, I recently discovered a drink that does not have coffee in it that I have loved. The drink is an iced green tea lemonade.

I have had green tea on its own, and I honestly did not love it, but when it’s combined with lemonade, I have found that I really enjoy it! Most of the time I choose to get it sweetened, but I think it would still taste great even without the added sweetener. I think one of my favorite things about it is how refreshing it is. Also, a bonus is that the drink still has caffeine from the green tea.

Besides being refreshing, I feel as though this drink is lighter than some coffees. I do not feel ridiculously full after having it, and I personally feel like it can be enjoyed during any time of the day. The first time I tried this drink combination was in the afternoon, but I have also had it in the morning, and it was enjoyable at both times of the day. 

I am in no way giving up coffee or caffeine (haha). However, the unexpected, wonderful combination of green tea with lemonade has surprised me in a good way, and I have really loved having it. It might seem like an odd choice of beverage for the winter because it is iced, but I personally think it works even though it is cold outside. I honestly can’t wait to enjoy this drink in the spring when it is warmer. I think it will be even more refreshing then. 

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE coffee. I still drink coffee and enjoy it, but I am finding out that sometimes it is nice to change things and try something new.

Mary James

Gettysburg '23

Gettysburg College '23 WGS Major Education and English Minor Coffee Connoisseur