This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Let me start by saying, I have always been a movie girl at heart. If I have free time, I am most likely watching a movie rather than a TV show. However, I have found myself watching TV shows more often because I typically don’t have enough time to watch an entire movie. Anyways, enjoy my TV show watchlist for 2024.

The Vampire Diaries

Okay, this is the one TV show on here that I have already seen. The only reason it’s on here is because I am currently rewatching it. It takes a lot for me to rewatch a TV show, so that just goes to show you how much I love this show! If you haven’t seen it, watch it.

Gilmore Girls

My sister has told me to watch this show a thousand times. Most of the time I don’t watch it because I am already watching something else, but this fall I am going to watch it because I know it will be perfect for the season.

The Originals

I have never seen this, even though I’ve seen The Vampire Diaries. I don’t even have a reason for why I haven’t seen this show, all I know is that I love the cast and the plot so there’s really no reason I shouldn’t be watching this. 

The Bear

I watched the first season of The Bear, but never got around to watching the second season. After watching the Golden Globes, I feel like I have to watch the rest of this for the cast. I mean, the amount of awards this show has received is a good enough reason to watch it.

American Horror Story

I have seen the first two seasons of American Horror Story, but I never finished it. I really liked this show when I first watched it, and I’m not entirely sure why I stopped. I think the cast and the unique plot of the show is a good reason for anyone to watch it.

Succession

This is another one like The Bear. I saw that it won a lot of awards at the Golden Globes, so I figured that it would be a good watch. I hadn’t really heard anything about this show until I saw all the nominations it had at the Golden Globes.

Friends

Of course I’ve seen episodes of Friends, but I’ve never actually watched it entirely. Whenever it’s on TV, I always wind up getting distracted and watching it. The connection between the characters feels so real that it’s almost like I’m not even watching a show.

Peaky Blinders

This show is constantly in my recommended on Netflix, and I have been meaning to watch it for so long. The main reason I want to watch it is for the cast. I have always loved how in-character Cillian Murphy gets, no matter what his role is.

Black Mirror

My friend is always telling me to watch this show. There have been so many times when I meant to, but then something gets in the way. I think part of the reason is because it’s a show that you really need to pay attention to.

Beef

I saw the first episode of this show and then never finished it. This is another show that won a ton of awards, so that’s what piqued my interest again to finally finish it. Yet again, another series that I didn’t finish.

I hope you enjoyed reading my 2024 watchlist! Hopefully you found something to add to your 2024 watchlist!

Morgan Nieman

Gettysburg '27

Morgan Nieman is part of the editorial team for the Gettysburg Her Campus chapter. She edits articles, working closely with the editor-in-chief and senior editor. Morgan is a freshman at Gettysburg College, majoring in biochemistry and molecular biology. Beyond Her Campus, she works in the athletics department at Gettysburg. She hopes to become involved more with the Biosphere club and Pre-health Advising club. In her free time, Morgan enjoys watching movies, listening to music and going on walks. She also loves to bake and paint her nails. The majority of her time, she spends looking at pictures of her dog.