Meet the Girl Who Makes Life Better: Heather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Name: Heather McConnell

Year: 2017

Hometown: Downingtown, PA

Major/Minor: Vocal Performance major, History minor

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

HM: Sigma Alpha Iota (International Music Fraternity), The Mercury, Owl and Nightingale Players, Student Musical Theater, Gettysburg College Choir

HC: Where is your favorite spot to study on campus?

HM: Does Ugly Mug count? Because 10/10, I’m gonna be here.

HC: Ooh, we love Ugly Mug. What’s your favorite drink?

HM: I get the Mexican hot cocoa and I ask for a shot of espresso in it. It’s an UgMug hack, if you will.

HC: What are you currently watching?

HM: I just finished re-watching “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” season 2, and I think I’m gonna start Jane the Virgin after.

HC: If you could have a meal with anyone from history or present day, who would you eat with and why?

HM: Can I invite more than one person? I would like to sit down with Mindy Kaling and Amy Poehler and Rachel Bloom. It would be such a lit brunch.

HC: What is one thing you hope to achieve while at Gettysburg?

HM: I think my senior recital is going to be my proudest moment (it’s the equivalent of a capstone for music majors). It’s a synthesis of everything I’ve done at Gettysburg. I’m terrified, but also excited.

We highly recommend checking out Heather’s senior recital on April 8th at 7PM in Paul Recital Hall. Come show your love for this babe!

Lexi is a Psychology and English with a Writing Concentration double major at Gettysburg College. In her free time, you can find her watching Chopped, writing poems, and eating dry Cheerios out of the box.