Mamma Mia! It’s Oia!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Name:  Oia Cassar

Major:  Psychology

Zodiac Sign:  Leo

What do you want to be when you “grow up?”

Oia, a first year psychology major at Gettysburg College, is not quite sure what she wants to do with her future, but she knows she would like to help determine how people think and why they do the things they do.  She is considering counseling, and many other options under the umbrella of psychology.  

If you could be any Disney princess, who would it be, and why?

Oia would be Ariel because she was her favorite Disney princess as a child.  Oia also loves the ocean and swimming at the beach.  She says, “being a mermaid would be pretty cool.”

Do you have any hidden talents?

The simple answer is, no…  Or is she just hiding them?  

What is at the top of your bucket list for college here at Gettysburg?

Oia would like to be featured on the Gettysburg College website at some point during or after her years here.  Although, being featured on Her Campus is pretty cool too, ammi right?  

Oia would also like to try all of the restaurants the town of Gettysburg has to offer!

Chipotle or Panera?

Panera!

Who was your childhood celebrity crush, and why?

Zac Efron was Oia’s childhood celebrity crush ever since she saw the first High School Musical movie.

Efron is still Oia’s celebrity crush to this day…

Image via http://img.wennermedia.com/article-leads-vertical-920/zac-efron-shirtles…

If you could invite any one person to your home for dinner (living or dead), who would it be?  What would you discuss?  What food would you serve them?  

Oia would invite Michelle Obama for dinner.  Oia admires the poise found in the first lady and believes the Michelle’s perspective would be interesting to hear on a variety of topics.  Oia would also like to hear some of the “behind the scenes” experiences the first lady could share.  Michelle is the most educated first lady we have ever had and is the first among the African American Presidential Family.  

Oia would serve the first lady, Michelle Obama, filet mignon, “because you can’t go wrong with filet mignon if you are having dinner with the first lady.” — Oia

Do you have an inspiration or muse that you have looked to throughout your life?

Oia says that a lot of her family members inspire her, especially, her dad and grandfather because they are two people that have an incredibly strong work ethic.  Oia says they inspire her to work harder and make them proud.  

In your expert opinion, do unicorns exist?

Again, the simple answer is, no…

If you could travel anywhere in the world at any time period, where would you go, and what year or era would it be?

Oia would love to visit New York City in the 1920s.  She said it would also be cool to attend a party at Gatsby’s outside the city.  

Image via https://cwoznicki.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/the-great-gatsby-party.jpg

Katherine Cramer is an Economics and Public Policy double major at Gettysburg College. She is the Secretary for the Class of 2020 as well as the senator for her dorm hall and the Student Senate representative for Her Campus at Gettysburg and the pre law club. On top of her academics and extracurriculars, she enjoys playing violin in the Sunderman Conservatory Orchestra on campus.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.