Make A Longterm Connection This Semester (Between Your Wall and Decorations)

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

The walls in the Quarry apartments are inexplicably, infuriatingly slick. There must be something in the paint. I have two posters and a wall canvas that refuse to stick no matter how many different sticky products I try. I’ve truly run the gamut from wall putty to extra strength command strips, but while these products have worked well for me in the past, they fail in Quarry. I had nearly given up and decided to endure a bare-walled, boring room for the year. When I was offered a test pack of Hangables, I wanted to be thrilled that I might finally be able to mount my decorations, but I had low expectations. After all, nothing had worked on Quarry’s dreaded moist walls so far.

Image via Author

But it’s been three days since I used Hangables to hold up a two pound canvas poster, and it has yet to fall! All other brands I’ve tried have failed within minutes or hours. Despite the small size of Hangables strips (literally half the length of most brands), it only took four to keep this poster mounted. I’m not sure what makes this formula so different from other major brands, but Hangables are perfect if you have tough walls that resist sticking. Happy decorating, my damp-walled friends! 

Rhiannon Winner

Gettysburg '19

Originally from Virginia, Rhiannon is a senior Political Science major with minors in Peace and Justice Studies and Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies. She strives to be a Gryffindor, but is often told she's a Slytherin anyway. She enjoys writing novels, reading, cooking, and fitness.