Julia is Very Cool(ia)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Name: Julia Burgess

Year: 2020

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Major/Minor: History/Philosophy double major

Activities: Senate Representative of SASA, Treasurer/Historian of Newman, going to be an RA next year

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

Sign: Gemini

Favorite Servo Cookie: lemon and oatmeal raisin

Favorite Study Spot on Campus: either the second floor of the library, or an empty room in Bridenbaugh

Favorite Color: purple and orange

Favorite Movie: Hercules (Disney animated version)

Favorite Music Genre: anything from a Disney movie (especially Hercules), Twin Atlantic (Scottish band!), James Bay, Eagles, Beatles, Christina Perri, Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy, Spice Girls, Three Days Grace, and Panic! At the Disco.

Favorite Sport: football

Favorite Sports Team: USC Trojans

Favorite Animal: pig

Favorite Ice Cream: chocolate peanut butter

Favorite Season: Winter

Q: If you could go anywhere where would you go and why?

A: I would love to visit Spain because it’s beautiful, I love the language, and the history is beyond interesting!

Q: What are the top three items on your bucket list? 

A: If you could have a meal with anyone from history or present day, who would you eat with and why? I would want to meet Mary Shelley, the creator of science fiction. This is because she fascinates me. Not only has she written one of my favorite novels, Frankenstein, but she created an entirely new genre that freed imagination. I think she would be a very interesting woman to talk to, and I would love to get her perspective on current events seeing as how she was an advocate for women, even in the early 19th century.

Q: If you had unlimited money, what would you do and why?

A: I would donate to people who need money for college, create a non-profit to help children receive quality education and create afterschool programs in places that are severely overlooked by government funding, and probably take a trip to Italy (I would love to see the Vatican before I die).

Q: What is your favorite thing about Gettysburg and why?

A: I love the people and the teachers who work here because they’ve made my time here at Gettysburg worthwhile. Everyone is interested in their studies, everyone wants to have fun and work hard, and everyone seems to love Gburg as much as I do. It’s true that if you surround yourself with positivity, you start to think positively. What is one thing you hope to achieve while at Gettysburg?

Darby is a Gettysburg College class of 2020 student who is majoring in psychology and studio art, minoring in neuroscience, and doing a pre-med track.  She enjoys anything related to Disney, shopping, reading, Navy football, art, and music, as well as spending time with her family, friends, and church community.