The Jonas Brothers Announce Release Date for New Album and I am Ecstatic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

My favorite moment from 2023 so far has happened. I was already excited because The Jonas Brothers were set to receive their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Even though there was no way I could hop on a plane to LA to be there in person, I was so excited to watch the livestream from my room at school. Little did I know, their star ceremony would end with an album release date. Those that are close to me know that I love The Jonas Brothers; however, I was not always such a huge fan. I knew of them and appreciated their music, and there were some songs that I enjoyed. I really liked the Camp Rock movies when I was growing up, so I definitely knew of them. I also really enjoyed Nick’s solo music that he put out when the band was on their break.

However, in the summer of 2021, one of my closest friends asked me a simple question that would eventually change everything. She asked me if I wanted to go to a Jonas Brothers concert with her. We both shared a love of Nick’s music, and she was hoping to go to a concert in the fall. I, having never been to a concert before, was very excited and said yes. By the time the concert came around, the hype had been building, and we were both excited to say the least.

The entire experience was one that I will never forget. We listened to Jonas Brothers songs the entire way there. Once we got there, we bought t-shirts and eagerly waited until they got on stage. After two openers, the lights changed, and the magic truly began. I have to give them credit, they put on a FANTASTIC show. I will never forget standing (because who can sit when they are that excited?) and jumping, screaming the words of every song and only taking breaks to marvel in what was happening. I took tons of pictures and videos, and I am so glad that I did because I often look back at them to remember how amazing that experience was. Not only was it incredible to see the Jonas Brothers perform live, but I got to enjoy the moment with one of my closest friends.

When the show was over, the excitement didn’t go away. Maybe it was adrenaline, or maybe it was pure exhaustion, but I was in another world. I could not believe how amazing the show had been, and it reminded me of how much I loved their music. It was in that moment that I realized how incredible the Jonas Brothers really are, and from that moment on, I have been one of their biggest fans. Also, I have secretly wanted to go to another one of their concerts since then. I would say I have been patiently awaiting.

Now, this concert was in 2021, so with it now being 2023, I personally felt like it was time. There were some teases regarding a new album, and Nick Jonas appeared on The Kelly Clarkson Show and mentioned that the album was finished. At the end of 2022, the three brothers each posted a picture with a caption that talked about working on a new album. I knew it was ready, but they just needed to announce it.

During the ceremony for the Walk of Fame star, I was texting my friend who I went to the concert with because we were both watching the live stream (sadly not together). We always text whenever there is Jonas Brothers news. It was so exciting when they gave their remarks, and at the end, they said what every fan was secretly hoping to hear: the release date for their new album is May 5th! When they said this, I was so happy… actually, happy would be an understatement.

I realize that what I am about to write will probably embarrass me, but I do not mind. It is the truth, and I want to be honest. I did not expect this, but shortly after they announced the release date and the title of their new album (the title is “The Album”), I teared up. It is ok to laugh at me, it sounds pretty silly. Why would I cry over the release date of someone’s album that is a little over 100 days away? The truth is, I am not sure. I laughed at myself afterwards. The best guess I have is that something about the news, even though I was eagerly awaiting it and it was not super surprising, gave me both a hopeful feeling and excitement. Also, it brought me back to the original concert I went to. All those happy and special memories flooded my mind, and all I could think about was the next tour and hoping that I would be lucky enough to see them in concert again to have one of those magical experiences that stays with you.

To all my fellow Jonas Brothers fans, cheers to the new album and hopefully new tour dates. I think this one will be the best yet.

Mary James

Gettysburg '23

Gettysburg College '23 WGS Major Education and English Minor Coffee Connoisseur