Holiday Survival Kits Reviews: The Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Eyeliner- Rimmel Scandal Eyes

This eyeliner is fantastic!  It is super smooth to apply and is a great dark black.  I absolutely loved it and it was so easy to use, something that is hard to find in eyeliners.  However, on the downside, it is really hard to remove.  I will spend a good ten minutes trying to get it off and there will still be a residue.  So while it is very water-proof, it is also makeup remover proof.

Lip Colour- Rimmel Provocalips

This product has two steps.  The first step is to apply the color.  This is a little difficult to do as it is really thin and it is difficult to get a good line, especially by the edges of your lips.  It is also really hard to take off any color that you get outside of your lips, so you have to be precise.  The second step is to apply a clear top coat that makes your lips shiny and protects the color.  I have to say, the color did do a good job of lasting for me, but when another girl tried it the color was pretty much gone by the time she finished eating breakfast.  It also made both of our lips really dry.  This product isn’t necessarily the best for every day, but if you need long lasting color for an event, this would be a good product to try out.

Mascara- Rimmel Volume Flash Scandal Eyes

I wasn’t extremely impressed or disappointed in this product.  It was pretty much just like every other mascara I have used.  It smudged a bit as the day went on.  The only big positive I have for it is that it did make my lashes really big.

My name is Erica Boucher and I am part of Gettysburg College Class of 2019. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter (and am a total Ravenclaw). I'm the Profile Editor here at HerCampus Gettysburg along with a writer. I love the color blue, singing/dancing to music in my dorm room, and wearing funky socks.