Her Campus at F&M Profiles: Vivian Valentin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Name:  Vivian Valentin

Year:  Class of 2019

Hometown:  Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Major/Minor:    Business and Sociology Double Major

Activities:  CC and Marketing Director of F&M’s Her Campus Media, Alpha Xi Delta, and Programs Assistant at F&M’s Office of Admission

Relationship Status:  Single

Hogwarts House:  I want to be a Gryffindor but I think that I am assigned Hufflepuff according to the Pottermore website

Sign:  Aquarius  

Favourite Color:  Pink!

Favourite Cupcake Flavor:  I don’t think that I’ve eaten enough to have an answer, but anything with coffee or coconut is always a go

Favorite Book: Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments 

Favourite Music Genre:  Pop/Alternative

Favourite Sport: Volleyball!

Favourite Sports Team:  I don’t watch sports

Favourite Animal:  Rabbit

Favourite Ice Cream:  Coffee or strawberry

Favourite Season:  Fall when it’s not too warm

Hw did you first get involved with Her Campus?  

I learned about Her Campus during an activities fair during my first year of college and thought that it would be a great experience.  

What is your favourite part of working with HC?

As the current marketing director of my chapter, I love learning about how to navigate through the world of social media.  Because a lot of the skills that I am gaining are self-taught, this position gives me an opportunity to gain experience in what I like to do.  

What’s the best part of running your chapter?

One of the best part about running my chapter is being able to put my vision to practice. I have a lot of things that I hope my chapter will be able to achieve and implement before I graduate, so being the campus correspondent for my chapter is definitely a great way of utilizing this leadership opportunity to make those changes happen.

What advice would you give to someone looking to get involved with Her Campus?

If you are unsure about whether or not Her Campus is an organization for you, don’t be afraid to try it out! There are a lot of experiences that you can obtain from being involved with Her Campus and it is also a great opportunity to network and expand your interest.

Stay tuned for F&M’s profile on Gettysburg’s CC!

Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.