This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Calm

This is a website but also an app on your phone and/or tablet. From reading bedtime stories, to stress relief, to anxiety relief, to help with insomnia, and so much more, this website helps to relax your mind.

Look at Something

Move your mouse and select your weather mood. From calm summer day, to light rainbow rain, to kind of rainy, to torrential downpour, whatever works for you.

Do Nothing for Two Minutes

Put the mouse down, take your hands off the keyboard, and stop flipping on your touchscreens, just close your eyes and listen to the waves on your screen for two minutes. Can you do it?

Casanova

Nothing else matters but this. You are a baby giraffe, when you click your keypad or mouse and hold it, your neck stretches so you can kiss other larger giraffes. If the giraffe is smaller than you, simply let go of the mouse and you shrink back to get kisses big and small. You can win extra points along the way.

This BuzzFeed Article of Calming GIFs

The GIFs contained on this website are so relaxing. Each of the headings for the GIFs works like a meditation session, you calm right down and just focus on the calming-ness of these GIFs.

Daily Good

Sometimes it is hard to believe there is any good news out there. This website attempts to find the best new and document it to make sure that people know that there is good in the world. Not all of them are official news stories, but they do provide uplifting moments to people who need them.

PlacesAdvise

The randomizer takes you to random places around the world, from someone’s garage to the mountains in the middle of nowhere. It has become a great internet game that wherever someone lands in the randomizer, they have to find the nearest airport. This game, however, often leads to frustration if you do not end up in an urban area but it is a great way to take your mind off any other problems.

CatSoundBoard

Never mind, this is the greatest thing. Over each image is a different sounding cat meow that is pure and perfect and as long as you keep listening to those meows I do not believe there is a thing in the world that cannot be fixed.

BuildWithChrome

You can build your own Lego set anywhere in the country! How cool is that?

Allolo

Wherever you are, you can always sound like you are in the middle of a massage.

Coffitivity

Or you can sound like you are in the middle of a coffee shop.

Writer, equestrian, learning disabled, feminist, woman, friend, sister, daughter, student and so much more but that's just the basics of me Identify as she, her, hers Sexual Orientation: No label From: Connecticut (in the small end sticking out from the rest of the state) Age: 20 Year: Sophomore Major and minors: Finally decided English Major Pets: two dogs and two horses (one shown in headshot) Favorite Color: Gray Favorite Animal(s): Horse(obviously), Orca, Wolf Favorite Quote: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." — Marianne Williamson Favorite Female Character(s): Emma Carstairs (Dark Artificiates, same author as The Mortal Instruments), Emma Swan (ONCE), Natalia Alianova Romanoff (Black Widow) Aelin Ashryver Galathynius (Throne Of Glass), Margaret “Peggy” Carter (Captain America), Elizabeth “Lizzie” Bennett (Pride and Prejudice), Catherine Earnshaw (Wuthering Heights), Olivia Dunham (FRINGE), Anna Mae Harkness aka Annalise Keating (HTGAWM), and Evelyn Salt (SALT), just to name a few