This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

It has been said that many Gettysburg students dress in the same manner, from our Bean boots to some Vinny Vines there can be many similar wardrobes across campus. Gettysburg students often look towards, J.C. aka J. Crew for guidance on what to wear. While walking around Gettysburg you probably won’t find an abundance of students bumming around in sweatpants, but students donning more “classic” and “put together” looks. Regardless of your own personal tastes, it is always important to wear something that makes you happy. And remember…you can never have too much Orange and Blue!

McKnight: 

Maybe you are watching a squirrel from your French class window. If that’s the case then you probably aren’t quite ready for summer to be over, try combining the season’s hottest trend, off the shoulder dresses and shirts. The three quarter length sleeve will add a bit of warmth for those cool autumn winds in Gettysburg.

The Loft Tie off the Shoulder Dress $79.50

Ralph Lauren Adina Flat Sandal on DSW $49.95

Charming Charlie Emerald Stone Cluster Earrings $10

French Squirrel Beret Embroidery Tote on Etsy $25

Science Center: 

We all have had those days when you are running late for that 8 am class, just remember to stay calm and cute when you are running through campus. One of the hottest articles of clothing on campus has to be the Bean boot. Leggings can be tucked into the boots and you are ready to make that snowy trek across Muss Beach. Later in the day, you can trade the boots in for sneakers for a quick jog before dinner. 

Under Armour Heat Gear Leggings on Amazon $44.99

Eddie Bauer Rag Boot Socks $13

LL. Bean Boots $119

Patagonia Nano Puff Vest $104

Lettered Crew Neck Sweat Shirt at Gettysburg College Bookstore $36.99 

Legacy American Flag G Hat at Gettysburg College Bookstore $16.99 

Schmucker: 

Whether you are taking an art or music course, there is always room for a chic outfit. This versatile outfit can take you from class to party without even having to change your shoes. In order to keep a streamlined look, make sure all the shades of black clothing are consistent, you do not want to look like a mismatched glob of black. 

Levi’s Mid Rise Skinny Jeans $40

Nasty Gal Moto Zip Crop Jacket $88

Charlotte Russe Pointed Toe D’Orsay Flats $17.99

Charming Charlie Flower Bib Necklace $18

Old Navy Fitted Layering Tank $6

Breidenbaugh: 

If you are new to Gettysburg, you will quickly learn that it can rain heavily in just a matter of a few minutes. To keep you dry from running to the library to the nook on the fourth floor of Breidenbaugh, I strongly suggest investing in a sturdy pair of rain boots and an umbrella. Pick a bold print or color for your rain boots, no one ever wants to be dreary on a rainy day.

Old Navy Trench Coat $55

Hunter Boots $150

LL. Bean Signature Sailor Dress $39.99

Totes Wooden Stick Umbrella $15.95

F. Scott Fitzgerald quote tote bag on Etsy $15

Harry Potter necklace on Etsy $7

Weidensall: 

One day it’s sunny and cool, the next day there is a foot of snow on the ground…what do you do now? Layer! Layer a button down under a sweater for some added protection, but also to add a pop of color. You always have to have a bit of Abe with you, the penny necklace will become a fabulous addition to your history class. 

J. Crew Factory Summer Plaid Shirt $29.95

Tommy Hilfiger Outlet Classic V-Neck Sweater $49.99

Pac Sun Bullhead Denim Co. Navy High Rise Skinny Jeans on sale for $14.99

Calvin Klein Wool-Cashmere Double-Breasted Pea coat at Macy’s $129.98

Aerosoles Riding Boot at DSW $59.95

Customized Penny Necklace on Etsy $15+

Ten Thousand Villages Pearl Earings $29

Glatfelter: 

Glatfelter, the beloved building on campus deserves a grand outfit to match its own style. Maybe that guy you sit next to in Poli Sci just asked you out. To stand out on the date you can choose some strappy wedges and sunglasses that would make Jackie O. proud. Remember to break in the wedges before you are walking down the street, you don’t want to be limping back to your room after your date ended. 

Anthropologie Billy Ella Parry Wedges $178

ModCloth Dusk and Stunner Skirt $59.99

H&M Off the Shoulder top $17.99

J. Crew Factory Art Deco Cuff $13

Fossil Jules Octogan Leather Crossbody $69.99

J. Crew Factory Retro Mixed Sunglasses $14.50

Masters:

It would be difficult to compile a series of Gettysburg-themed outfits and not add a pair of boat shoes. If Gettysburg students aren’t wearing their Bean boots, chances are they are strolling along in a pair of boat shoes. The common brand will always be Sperry, but I personally love my pair of Sebago shoes. Regardless of your preferred brand, boat shoes are a comfy choice for your Physics lecture. 

J. Crew Gingham Bucket hat $30

Lucky Brand Modern Floral Matchbox tee $30

Old Navy Boyfriend skinny Ankle Jeans $25.97

Target Wood Printed Sunglasses $16.99

Sebago Bala shoe $95

Jansport Right Pack Backpack $58

West: 

The West building? Like that building you only see on a map? Yes, that building. Which means your walk can become an extra-long runway walk. The chunky heel will give you support but will still keep you looking fabulous during your journey to class. After class, you can read a bit enjoying the views around Quarry until you wander back to the CUB for a much-needed cup of coffee. 

Francesca’s Janey Solid Knit Pocket Dress $38

Dr. Martens Magdalena Boots $160 

J.R.R Tolkien quote Tote Bag on Etsy for $25+  

Gap Cotton Textured V-neck cardigan $49.95

Target Herringbone tights $10

Loft Marbleized Tasseled Stone Pendant Necklace $34.50

Penn Hall: 

The fall formal is quickly approaching, but you have no idea what to wear. You can never go wrong with your trusty pair of nude heels and a bit of Vineyard Vines. Pair your favorite pieces with a classic navy lace dress. Before putting the dress on, spray the lining of the dress with some hairspray to avoid the dress from riding up the entire night. 

Vinyard Vines Woven Derby Straw Clutch $89.99

Aldo Yiari heel $39.98

Zara thin crystals and leaves hairband $9.99 

Lulu’s Make an Impression Lace Dress $59

Lilly Pulitzer Bamboo Bangle $38

You’re ready to strut the runway that is the campus sidewalks (that’s why they don’t lead anywhere, right?).  

*all outfits curated by author

Erica M. Schaumberg is an Art History major and Studio Art minor from Gettysburg College class of 2018. You can normally find Erica biking around the battle field with her camera, practicing some pirouettes, and spending a lot of time in Schmucker, when she is not studying in her secret spot with a cup of coffee.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.