This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Just like the ladies of Gettysburg, the guys take great pride in what they wear on a daily basis. Whether you are looking for some gift ideas for your favorite Gettysburg man or just looking for ways to up your own style here are few examples that will give you some inspiration and still keep some Gettysburg favorites.

Breidenbaugh:

White jeans can be a classic piece of clothing that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Paired with a graphic tee and orange boat shoes the jeans can be easily worn to class and then to a meeting in the evening. This particular pair of boat shoes will stand out against the rest of the pairs on campus for the bright color and perforated dots.

Gap Stretch 1969 Slim Fit Jean $69.65

Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Leather Reversible Belt on Amazon $24.08

Sperry Authentic Original Perforated 2-Eye Boat Shoe $49.99

Lucky Brand Jeep Spirit Tee $23.70

Ray Ban Gradient Aviator $165

LL. Bean Vintage Rucksack $59.95

Schmucker:

Hopefully you did not just roll out of bed, but just in case…the simple black lines will make you appear put together even if you are not quite awake yet. You can shield your eyes from the bright sun in a pair of shades with a vintage feel, and the shoes will provide fun splashes of color that can carry you through the rest of your day effortlessly.

Robert Graham Leather Driving Moc $198

Tommy Hilfiger Cotton Sweater $69.99

Express Extra Slim Cotton Dress Pant $69.99

J. Crew Factory Retro Frame Sunglasses $11

Amazon Ello Fulton Travel Mug $12.75

West:

If you are making that long trek all the way down West, you need an outfit that can aid in your quest. The sneakers are made from a breathable material allowing you to not have super stinky shoes. The backpack is light enough to carry your books and place the bag in your gym cubby for later.

Adidas Fleece Jogger Pant $35

Nike Free Run Fly Knit Sneaker $130

Jansport Sinder 15 backpack $21

The North Face Tri-blend t-shirt $25

LL. Bean Nalgene Water Bottle $9.95

Science Center:

Once again, Bean Boots make a special appearance on Her Campus as the treasured favorites throughout campus. This easy to wear outfit will provide you comfort and warmth on a crisp autumn morning while still representing the treasured Orange and Blue.

Levi’s Slim Fit Motion Jeans $37.90

Gettysburg College Bookstore Superman Tee $16.99

LL. Bean Rubber Boot Moc $89

Amazon Glenmuir Cotton Cable Knit socks (2 pairs) $15.25

Old Navy Heathered Woven Belt $16

McKnight:

Wild caught or Farm raised? Gettysburg may never know the real answer. But once trees start to bloom the salmon shorts are released for yet another season. This pair from Vineyard Vines can surely fulfill your preppy short needs.

Macy’s Tasso Elba Linen-Blend Popover Shirt $27.99

Vineyard Vines 9” Summer Club Shorts $59.99-75

Sperry America’s Cup Edition Original Boat Shoe $100

LL. Bean Rope D-Ring Belt $24.95

Fossil Machine Chronograph Tan Leather Watch $99.99

Weidensall:

This winter outfit can be a great way to get into the holiday spirit while you are packing up to go home for winter break. The scarf is an excellent way to add some color and pattern to your look by still keeping you warm in the cold Gettysburg air. Just one simple accessory like a scarf can make an outfit from being regular Joe to GQ ready.

Ties.com Newcastle Tartan Blanket Knit Scarf $25

Men’s Barbour® Flyweight Chelsea Quilted Jacket on Orvis $199

Tommy Hilfiger Cable-Knit Sweater $49.98

H&M Slim Low Jean $29.99

Steve Madden Geraro Oxford at DSW $59.95

Hershel Supply Novel Duffle $79.99

Masters:

An easy to wear outfit like this one will provide you comfort for your entire day and can be worn again and again within a season. Any Gettysburg student can attest to the necessity of owning a raincoat and umbrella. This one from LL. Bean can be a great addition to your closet but search around till you find a jacket you truly love.

Old Navy Broken-In Straight-Leg Khakis $29.94

Ralph Lauren Pima Cotton Half-zip sweater $69.99

LL. Bean Discovery Rain Jacket $59.95

DSW Lacoste Graduate TS Sneaker $69.95

Amazon iPhone 6 wallet case $11.99

Glatfelter:

It has been said that only true men wear pink, I will leave that to your own opinion. However, a true man does make sure there are design elements from head to toe. Playful socks like these from Happy Socks will create a cheerful surprise. Intricate details like bright socks can be an inexpensive way to update your style while still being fashion forward.

Levi’s 501 CT Jeans $47.90

Zara Cotton Jacket $49.99

Happy Socks Bark Socks $8.40

Banana Republic Factory Plaid Shirt $29.99

Bass Harris Crepe Chukka $109.99

Penn Hall

A man’s wardrobe would not be complete without a suit, it is a classic piece that can be worn a countless amount of times. Do not be afraid to mix and match combinations of ties, bow ties and pocket squares, remember to stay within the same color family and not wear competing patterns. A Gettysburg look would not be complete without a bit of Abe either. These penny cufflinks are a perfect way to add some Gettysburg pride to your look.

Brooks Brothers Regent Fit Mini Stripe Suit $349

The Tie Bar Bulletin Dot Tie $19.99

The Tie Bar Peak Paisley $10

J. Crew Factory Thompson Dress Shirt $34.50

Etsy Penny cufflinks $13.65

Aldo Piralle Dress Shoes $62.50

Try experimenting with different colors, fabrics, and patterns…pretty soon your outfit will be Gettysburg Great!

*all outfits curated by author

Erica M. Schaumberg is an Art History major and Studio Art minor from Gettysburg College class of 2018. You can normally find Erica biking around the battle field with her camera, practicing some pirouettes, and spending a lot of time in Schmucker, when she is not studying in her secret spot with a cup of coffee.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.