This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

I don’t know about you, but fall is my favorite season. I love being able to throw on a sweater and walk through the fall foliage to class. But this semester is a bit different because I never leave my room. It’s easy to fall into a routine of throwing anything on, but what’s the fun in that? Dressing up for the day is one of the best ways to improve your confidence. There’s nothing like wearing a fire outfit and looking at yourself in the mirror. As we come closer to finals and seasonal depression territory, it’s more important than ever to put a little love into your morning routine.

Oversized Clothes

One way to stay in style for the rest of the fall semester is to wear oversized clothes. This has become a staple in fashion over the last year or so. Investing in some oversized sweaters and pants is a great way to stay chic, comfortable, and warm this fall. Oversized clothes are also a great way to accentuate parts of your body. For example, if you want to draw attention to your legs, oversized pants would draw your eye towards the lower half of your body.

Vintage Graphic Tees

Another way to stay comfortable for the rest of fall is to invest in some vintage graphic tees. Get a shirt repping your favorite classic rock band, and maybe someone will strike up a conversation with you! Pair it with a pair of ripped jeans, a flannel, and combat boots for a grunge look. If that’s not your style, dress up your shirt with some fitted pants and booties.

Preppy Sweaters and Corduroy Pants

A big fall trend each year is a preppy, chic look. Staples of this are ties, button-ups, sweater vests, plaids, and skirts, but you can dial it back for zoom. A cute sweater will make you feel way more put together for your online class while still maintaining a level of comfort. You can opt to switch out a skirt for a pair of corduroy pants to stay warm while you trek across campus to Servo. 

70s Prints

70s prints are becoming very popular this year. The next time you go online shopping during a lecture, check out some 70s inspired prints to bring your outfit to the next level. You can incorporate a shirt like this into your zoom sessions, or opt for a sweater or pants to dress up your look. Colors like brown, orange, red, and yellow are classic 70s and fall colors, and sure to brighten up your day.

Chain Necklaces

Jewelry is a great way to dress up without being restricted to an uncomfortable outfit. Chains are the newest necklace trend, and great to pair with your oversized clothes or tee. Everyone in your Zoom class will wish they dressed up a little bit too!

Tiered Dresses

If you’re feeling like being classy or have a presentation, a less restrictive dress is a great way to go to. The newest style is tiered dresses. These dresses are comfortable and flowy, perfect for a day of class and socially distant Friday nights. Pair it with warm tights and boots, and these dresses are sure to make you feel better about this semester.

Show yourself some love and treat yourself to a new piece in your wardrobe. Dress up, you deserve it.

Sophia Kenny

Gettysburg '24

Sophia Kenny is the President of Her Campus Gettysburg and former Vice President of Social Media. She covers many aspects of culture and college life, such as things to do around campus and ways to get acclimated. Sophia is a Senior at Gettysburg College and an English and Business, Organization, and Management double major on the Dean's List. She is currently an Undergraduate Fellow of the Eisenhower Institute, serves as Sooth's Gen Z Audience Council Chair, and is pursuing her English Honors Thesis. Sophia's work has been published in the Gettysburg Connection and the Mercury. She has served as an intern for the Gettysburg Connection, Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger, First & First Consulting, and Sooth. In her free time, Sophia enjoys hanging out with friends and her cat, Star. You can find her procrastinating in the library, or listening to a podcast and painting her nails at home.