This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

If you go to Gettysburg College, you’ve heard of Drop the Octave (Gettysburg’s premier all-male acapella group). If you know what you’re doing at Gettysburg College, you’ve been to one of their concerts.

These guys kill it. Everytime. From slow ballads to upbeat songs the guys rock out to, their 2016 spring show was captivating from start to finish.

The night took an adorable turn when the guys decided to surprise a member of their group, Rick, (whose birthday happens to be the day after the concert).

Rick was supposed to sing “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” with a member of another acapella group on campus— little did he know his long distance girlfriend was waiting in the wings to sing with him instead.

Too cute for words.

DTO never fails to put on a fantastic show. Bravo, boys.

English Education major at Gettysburg College. My friends hate me for correcting their grammar, but I know they secretly appreciate it.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.