This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Regardless of if you love her or hate her, Taylor Swift has been one of the most influential musicians of the 21st century. Although every album has been amazing, here is a list of them from worst to best. 

Taylor Swift

As far as first albums go, this one is pretty good. With amazing singles like “Tim McGraw” and “Our Song,” this is a necessity for any T Swift fan. However, many of the other songs lack the depth and maturity that appear in later albums. 

Reputation

Reputation caught everyone’s attention when it was released because it seemed so unusual when compared to Taylor’s older music. “Look What You Made Me Do” even declared the old Taylor Swift to be dead. While unusual, the album produced many great songs, but it felt obvious that Taylor was still settling into her new sound. 

1989

1989 is probably one of the most fun albums to listen to. The “Blank Space” music video is Taylor’s own way of poking fun at herself, while “Shake It Off” is a reminder to her critics that she doesn’t really care what they think. Overall, this album is a solid pop album, but some could argue that it doesn’t have the same intensity as some of her other works. 

Fearless

I’m a little biased when it comes to Fearless, as it’s the first Taylor Swift album I ever had. This was the first of her albums that made it big, topping the charts in several countries. Songs “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me” are still played on the radio to this day, but even the less popular songs on the album, like “Change,” were amazing works of art. 

Red

Red was the first major pop album for Swift, but it also marks a new level of maturity that previous albums did not have. Most fans agree that “All Too Well” is the greatest Taylor Swift song ever. Of course, many of the other songs on the album are amazing and capture her experiences of love, loss, and fame perfectly.

Lover

Lover is Taylor Swift’s most recent album. It has the maturity that Reputation lacks while maintaining the unique style that she had been cultivating in recent years. Lover provides an intimate look into Taylor’s life since Reputation. It talks about healing and starting anew. “Soon You Get Better” is a heartbreaking song written about her mother’s battle with cancer. “Cornelia Street” is a love song unlike any other, with a promise that, should the relationship end, she would never be able to walk Cornelia Street again. 

Overall, Lover is mature, personal, and unapologetically Taylor Swift. The only reason I cannot rank it as number one is because of how iconic the top album is.

Speak Now

Speak Now takes the position of best album because the entirety of the album is amazing. Each song was written by Taylor herself and her emotions come out in every one. If you don’t tear up during “Last Kiss” or “Dear John,” you clearly don’t have a heart. At the same time, “Enchanted” and “Mine” are songs that make you dream of having your own fairytale romance.

Although this is a ranking of Taylor Swift albums, I have to confess that I love all of her music. Each album is special and unique in their own ways. That being said, I believe the albums that present us with the most authentic look at Taylor are the strongest ones out of all of them. 

Adrienne Poissant

Gettysburg '22

Adrienne is a senior at Gettysburg College studying political science and religious studies. Besides being a Campus Correspondent, she is involved in the wind symphony, Model United Nations, and enjoys reading and writing for fun!