jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Alba Botanica Green Tea Sunscreen Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Let me start this off by mentioning that I was unable to test this sunscreen for protectiveness. It has been quite rainy, cloudy, and windy – all of which don’t do much for testing sunscreen. But! I did test other things about it.

Image via goodfood

First off, the smell. It was a strange scent. Green tea. I’ve never seen a green tea scented sunscreen before. Noted, it’s nice. As a Hawaiian themed line, it’s nice to have something that’s not overly flowery or coconutty. No matter how much I love the scent of coconut it can get old. Plus, it’s nice to see a slightly different part of Hawaii being represented with this scent. It’s also a very subtle scent, which is nice since sunscreen is usually such a powerful smell. If I hadn’t seen the label, I probably wouldn’t have guessed that it was sunscreen, but I also wouldn’t have guessed it was green tea.

Next up is the texture. It doesn’t take too much rubbing for the sunscreen to be absorbed by your skin, which is nice. It does still leave behind a bit of a residue, though – mostly on your hands. I felt the need to wipe my hands on something or wash them after applying the sunscreen just to get some of that little extra residue off. Keep in mind, this a particular pet peeve of mine, so it may not bother others so much.

Image via Alba Botanica

Last up is the bottle. It’s super cute! I like the colors. And the size is large enough that you know it has a substantial amount in it yet small enough to easily be put in a purse. It’s nice that you can carry it around in case you’re doing something like hiking all day where you don’t want to carry much, but you’re going to have to reapply sunscreen.

This sunscreen is definitely unique.

Cover image via author

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.