This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.
They get to travel

Depending on what your club does, Model UN students can visit local colleges, colleges in other states, or attend international conference abroad! Start up a conversation with any experienced member and you’ll be surprised about all they places they’ve been!

They get to threaten war on each other

I can guarantee that at least once a meeting, someone will make a thinly vailed threat against another person. It is all done in jest, but if the topic turns to trade, expect the people representing the US and China to go at it.

They come up with ridiculous scenarios

Pretending to be at the Continental Congress, reenacting a Roman Senator meeting, or bringing the Fire Nation to the table for negotiations are all serious events that have occurred at Model UN conferences. And they are taken very seriously. 

Adrienne Poissant

Gettysburg '22

Adrienne is a senior at Gettysburg College studying political science and religious studies. Besides being a Campus Correspondent, she is involved in the wind symphony, Model United Nations, and enjoys reading and writing for fun!