This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Do you ever feel down, and not know how to fix it? Try these helpful tips!

Practice gratitude.

Thank your friends, family, etc. for their continuous support — this will make both of you feel so loved! Expressing gratitude for the little things in life will also make you appreciate the life you have in so many ways that you have never thought about before.

Spend time with friends!

Make time in your day, even if you are doing work together, to see your friends. Take a break from your day to give each other a hug or offer support.

Practice what you are good at.

Doing things that are challenging to you may be rewarding, but they can also be very draining. Take some time to do something you are good at, or something that comes naturally to you to receive some easy endorphins.

Stay driven.

Don’t let the world get the best of you! Continue working on what you want to do in life. Working towards your goals will make you feel so much better in the long run when you see how much progress you’ve made!

Stay true to yourself.

Do not let others sway your own moral code! Keep your own values, even if others do not agree — you are your own person, an individual who is valued very much.

Don’t forget to eat!

Forgetting the smallest things can lead to you being cranky. If you’re in a rush, grab a granola bar. If you have the time, make a healthy meal! Healthy foods will make you feel better than junk food because unhealthy foods makes you sluggish.

Give back!

Whether it is donating to a charity, or just giving your friend a present, giving back always makes you feel good about yourself. Volunteering is a really good way to make both yourself and other people (or animals) happy!

Remember: Money isn’t everything.

Money does not define happiness. Monetary objects cannot express the love that true friends can give you, so surround yourself with loving individuals to make your time worthwhile.

Focus on the positive things in life.

I know it’s hard, but once you stop focusing on the negative aspects, life will be so much better! Negative comments bog us down and cloud our brains from seeing the happy things in life.

Remember that you should be having fun!

If something in your life does not give you pleasure, get rid of it! Whether it is the way you are living your life or simply just a friend who does not make you happy, change it! Find a new person that gives you joy or a new style of clothing to change your lifestyle.

Let me know if these tips work as well for you as they did for me!

Gettysburg College '22 Senior Alpha Delta Pi -- Director of Facility Management and Chaplain I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus and the Outreach Chair for ACM. I love rock climbing, dogs, finding cute coffee shops, and watching Netflix!