10 Times Buzzfeed Needed A Better Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

We all love Buzzfeed, but sometimes they slack on the final edit. All of these “fails” are screenshots taken by me while I was surfing on Buzzfeed today. Yeah, TODAY. Step it up, kids! Proofread! It’s your best friend (and your job)! So without further ado…

1. Some “stationary”

2 of these are slightly not actually stationary.

2. Numbers are hard

Is it 5? Are you sure? Are you really sure?

3. This tshirt snafu

I’m really confused what’s happening here. Is Kelly Clarkson a new substitute for a swear word? Is she so bad she’s a synonym for the f-word? Fellow youths, help me out here!

4. This actor recognition failure

Listen, I love Chiwetel Ejiofor! He’s a phenomenal actor! But this is not Chiwetel Ejiofor. Not even close. 

5. Spelling is hard

This quiz asked me to make a word out of these two letters. Is “IF” not in your vocabulary???

6. Lack of diversity

Good thing I’m white, cause I have plenty of choices! Sucks for the majority of the population though :/ And while we’re talking about this particular article…

7. Casual appropriation 

Yeaaaaaah. I shouldn’t have to explain this one, but if you’re not up to date on the latest ways you can appropriate Native American (and many others’ cultures) practices, then click here. 

8. Not American (?) spelling idk

Honestly, this one’s a little nit-picky. But Americans don’t generally spell lasagna like this, so I’m putting it in here.

9. Releasing the ID of a minor

Pretty sure you’re supposed to retract the name of a minor once the case progresses from being a missing person’s, but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Misspelling 

Another small mistake, but cmon guys. If I, a non-baker but otherwise Great British Bake Off enthusiast, knows this is wrong, then you, author of this article who clearly has some knowledge of what these things are, should know this too. 

Think I’m being a little too unfair? Let me know in the comments!

Lexi is a Psychology and English with a Writing Concentration double major at Gettysburg College. In her free time, you can find her watching Chopped, writing poems, and eating dry Cheerios out of the box.