10 Things Harry Potter Fans Will Never Get Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

1.  “Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?”

Image via:  Giphy

Need I say more?

2.  Movie Ginny not having a backbone

Image via:  Giphy

I mean really?  She TIED HIS SHOE!  What happened to badass Ginny from the books?

3.  The absence of Peeves, Winky, Teddy, and SPEW in the movies

Image via: Giphy  

How could they cut so much from the movies?

4.  How Voldemort died in the movies

Image via:  Giphy

He was supposed to die as a normal man, but instead he explodes into dust.  How did they think this was okay

5.  Harry and Hermione using magic outside of school

Image via:  Giphy

Everyone knows they can’t use magic outside of Hogwarts!

6.  Ron not being supportive in the movies.

Image via:  Giphy

In the books, he is a major, supportive character, but in the movies, all he does is eat.  

7.  Harry and Voldemort pretending to be Jack and Rose

Image via:  Tumblr

Like, Harry you are the Boy Who Lived.  Jumping off buildings in an embrace with your worst enemy isn’t going to keep you alive.  

8.  Neville’s parents missing

Image via:  Giphy

We never got his backstory, so we never got a chance to really understand him.  

9.  Harry not fixing his wand

Image via:  Giphy

How was he going to do magic without fixing his wand first??

10.  The Burrow burning down

Image via:  Giphy

The Burrow was never meant to burn down!  And then the Weasleys lose everything, so how can they afford a new house and to replace everything to look exactly the same?  How?

My name is Erica Boucher and I am part of Gettysburg College Class of 2019. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter (and am a total Ravenclaw). I'm the Profile Editor here at HerCampus Gettysburg along with a writer. I love the color blue, singing/dancing to music in my dorm room, and wearing funky socks.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.