This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

When Disney announced the creation of their new streaming service, Disney+, speculation of what new original content and returning shows would be available quickly followed. And now recently, Disney has confirmed the reboots of some of your favorite childhood shows and movies is actually happening. Before Disney+ is officially launched, here are some returning movies and shows to get excited about.

Lizzie McGuire

I don’t know about you, but my childhood was pretty much defined by staying up late to watch reruns of Disney shows that had gone off air, Lizzie McGuire being one of them. Now, through Disney+ a whole new generation can enjoy the adventures of Lizzie, Gordo and Miranda. Hey now, this is truly what dreams are made of.

Home Alone

Home Alone quickly became a Christmas Classic for many families, upon its release in 1990. While not many details have been revealed about the new movie, consider it a gift from Disney to you. “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.”

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

What Team? Wildcats! Technically, this musical series won’t focus on the original wildcats; Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay and Ryan, Chad and Taylor, as well as many others. Instead, the new Disney+ version will be a series rather than a movie and it will also feature a brand new set of characters. While it hasn’t been revealed if we’ll see any appearances from the original cast, the series is sure to make everyone channel their inner wildcat again. And if not, well then at least we’re all in this together.

Diary of A Wimpy Kid

After the Diary of A Wimpy Kid movies placed high on the box office charts and earned 186.4 million, it became clear that the movies, based on the book of the same name by Jeff Kinney, were a hit. Now the movie will have a chance to be enjoyed by thousands more as the series will be “reimagined” on the Disney+ streaming service.

Night at the Museum

When Night at the Museum was released in 2006 it became the fifth highest-grossing movie of the year. Over the course of its three film series, it earned a whopping 540 million domestically. Night at the Museum shows what happens when a security guard discovers the artifacts at his new job, the Natural History Museum, come alive at night. If the movie’s reboot is anything like the previous movies, it will leave viewers entertained and glued to the screen.

Despite not being available in the United States until November 12, 2019, the Disney+ streaming service has already got many people excitedly anticipating its release. For only $7 a month, or $70 a year, watchers can enjoy Disney+ with a variety of content consisting of new and old shows, documentaries, and movies from Disney as well as some from Fox.

Now, if anyone needs me, I’ll be getting my Disney memorabilia out of the attic and preparing to become Hannah Montana again.

Jasmine Alexander

Georgia Southern '23

Georgia Southern University writer.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.