This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

There is a big issue that I am seeing nowadays where a lot of women, especially young women are using their bodies to gain love from others.

We turn ourselves into thots for someone that we think, in our heads, might see us more than just an hour or two of fun. In our mind, it equates becoming deeper than just a late night text. We think that “Oh they are paying attention to me now, and all I had to do is drop my bra and panties. it could be something special. It could turn into something beautiful.”

TRUTH: 99% of the time, you will be only considered a late night text. There is no “Something deeper.

Most people will not see you as what you see them because they already have their mind made up about who you are and what you will be to them.

That’s when your feelings get hurt. You gave a vulnerable piece of yourself to someone who didn’t appreciate what you are or even remotely cared.

Them: 1   You: 0

Now what do you do? There is a lot of things you can do. Cry, Get pissed, and hate them for the rest of your life. You have every right to feel all of these things. Those are emotions that come with the territory.

Understand this:

There is no love that comes from someone who doesn’t respect you or value you. NONE WHAT SO EVER. Now, some girls can go around and have sex without any type of emotional connection, but for most, it’s too much emotion running through our bodies that can’t just be tucked away.

Understand that you deserve respect in every aspect of your life. Not everyone is going to believe that, but it’s true. When you give a piece of yourself to someone who doesn’t see your worth, you just become another number on the list, but before you can get that love or respect from, there are a few things that you need to do.

1. LOVE/HONOR/CHERISH/RESPECT YOURSELF: There is no way in the world you can truly get the love or respect that you deserve if you don’t give it yourself first. That lack of confidence can be seen from a mile away and you become vulnerable to any dude trying to spit game.

2. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT: If you are not down for just having sex, then don’t. Set the rules for you and follow them so if something less comes and tries to get at you, you already know what you want from it.

3. BE MINDFUL THAT NOT EVERYONE THINKS LIKE YOU: Some guys just don’t care to make that connection or that compromise with you. BUMP them, waste of your time.

4.  MISTAKES HAPPENS: We all understand that we are going to run into mistakes in our life. Don’t be so hard on yourself, but let it be known that mistake won’t happen again. Take that L and put it in your pocket.

5. LEARN FOR YOUR MISTAKES: Take those mistakes and learn from them so you never have to encounter that situation again

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.