Why I will not being watching the Inauguration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Let’s be 100 honest with ourselves, 2016 was a difficult year for all of us. It felt like it was a never-ending cycle of bad news after bad news and on top of that, the election was like watching a train wreck.

When November 9, 2016 came around, (if you are like me), you were hoping to see Hillary Clinton become president. Sure the scandals and the consistent issues that she had to go through made it difficult for me to decide (because I really wanted Bernie Sanders to be a nominee), but Clinton will always be a better chose than Trump (no doubt about it)

When we heard the news that Trump won the election, I felt as if the world had just ended. The days ahead were cold and full of hate because this man (barely) is now going to be our president (WTH!?!?!?!) And after witnessing Obama’s 8 years as our president, it felt like a major downgrade from greatness to just down right pathetic.

I mean Trump has done nothing to prove to me or really anyone that he is even remotely qualified to even be allowed in the White House. To his constant twitter rants, his sexist and racist remarks. He has consistently proven himself to be the world’s biggest joke

So when January 20, 2017 comes along, I will not be watching the Inauguration, or as I like to call it, the day HELL FREEZES OVER. How can I sit here and give myself the time to watch history in the making? It’s the 2nd Day America lost its damn mind. I can’t watch the inauguration because I do not want to witness this person first moments as the new president. Everything is about to change. I feel like these next few years will be filled with nothing but hate and frustration.

Do I expect Trump to last 4 years? Nope!!!!!!! I will give him a year, maybe two before he is out. He doesn’t have the mental stamina to be a president. Better yet, he is really not mentally capable to do anything without some sort of hate attached to it.

The only thing that I am looking forward to after this inauguration is over to see how many people will realize that Trump for president was a HUGE MISTAKE. I’m looking forward to the days where people are actually admitting that they were wrong and that they should have never voted for him. I’m looking forward to those peaceful days where I don’t have to hear about the crazy twitter rants he goes on or looking upon Instagram and seeing another fight between people because of something Trump-related.

It’s going to be a long year

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.