Why I Decided to Take the Minimalist Approach

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

I may or may not have mentioned this before….but I’m a clothes hoarder. 

I have clothes from when I first came to college that I never wear but I still have because I convinced myself that I had a use for them.

….And then I moved into my apartment and I had to stop the foolishness. 

I just don’t have the room to keep unnecessary items, but I hate the thought of finally needing something and no longer having it. However, I’m also very good for having more than one of something so I never REALLY come across that problem.

Minimalism is all about having only what you need and not what you want or might possibly need. Keep the things you LOVE, and give away, sell or return the things you don’t. I suggest anyone interested in applying minimalism to their style look into Project 333. Adopting this approach when it comes to your personal style will help you save money and focus less on your wants, which is an important for any college student.

Stay beautiful. Be educated. Dress Well. Get Money. Haute Sauce© Georgia Southern. Style & Lifestyle Blog: MyHauteSauce.com
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.