Wear Your Crown Proudly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Confidence. 

A lot of people confuse confidence with cockiness and belittling other people to make themselves feel better with high self-esteem. True confidence comes from being sure of yourself and what you can do. A lot of us aren’t as sure of ourselves as we could be and unfortunately that has a lot to do with the opinions of others. We are always comparing ourselves to the next person as if the grass is always greener on the other side. We see someone we think is completely different from us do something that we “wish” we could do and automatically think that we can’t do it because we see that person as superior. Confidence is knowing that you don’t have to be exactly the same as anyone else in order to achieve great things. Confidence is having enough faith in your abilities to take chances and be willing to learn from them if they don’t work out the way that you hope. Nobody is born with confidence, it is something that is developed over time, which means that it’s never too late to gain confidence. 

People love to make it seem like “boosting” yourself is a bad thing, but there is never anything wrong with knowing that you’re worth something. People are going to get annoyed, but the people trying to make you feel bad about being confident are the same people who need to work on their own confidence. Nobody else’s confidence bothers anyone who is confident of themselves. Lead by example. Wear your crown proudly and don’t let anyone make you feel less than you are!

Stay beautiful. Be educated. Dress Well. Get Money. Haute Sauce© Georgia Southern. Style & Lifestyle Blog: MyHauteSauce.com
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.