Twelfth Night at Georgia Southern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Twelfth Night, what’s a Twelfth Night? Is that something Shakespeare?

That’s probably what you’re wondering right now, and you wouldn’t be wrong. Twelfth Night is a Shakespeare story, but I can promise you, it’s not the long, tedious, hard-to-understand one.

Have you ever seen She’s the Man with Amanda Bines and a really young and lanky Channing Tatum, then I’m here to tell you, you’ve already seen Twelfth Night.

But She’s the Man is so funny and relatable!

Yeah, Shakespeare has a habit of doing things like that.

If you haven’t seen She’s the Man, then I’ll be happy to give you a little summary.

Hold on tight, this might get a tiny bit confusing.

Twelfth Night is the comedic play about a case of mistaken identity. Viola is a girl who has lost her twin brother at sea. As she copes with the lost, she joins the Duke of Illyria’s court, dressed up as a man. The longer she spends at Court at more she falls for the Duke, but to him, she’s a man. The Duke is also in love with someone else, Lady Olivia. And he want’s Viola to win Olivia over. But Olivia thinks Viola is a man and falls for her instead! And so ensues a weird love triangle that turns even weirder with the Duke starts catching for Viola (who’s still a guy).

And guess who’s not dead! Sebastian, Viola’s twin brother is still alive and starts making his way Illyria. You can only imagine the comedy that ensues when he gets there.

And let’s not forget the side story! But I suppose I can leave that a mystery. You’ll just have to come see the show to find out!

Twelfth Night will be playing for three night at the Performing Arts Center or PAC as we all love to call it, running March 3-5th at 7:30 P.M.

You can order tickets at the Box Office in the Center of Art and Theatre (CAT) or by ordering them at this number: (912) 478-5379.

Tickets will be $6 for students and $12 for adults.

Samantha Harvey

Georgia Southern

I was born in New York. I go to Georgia Southern University. I love to write and read.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.