Trips To Take Over The Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Summer vacation is a blessing but sometimes can be a hassle. You want to have the time of your life relaxing and going on adventures but often don’t know where to start. Many times the cost of everything also determines what we will be doing. Every year I try to make a list of fun places in Georgia to visit in the summer. Rather it be a day trip or just a fun activity for a couple of hours. I know everyone has those days where they are bored out of their mind in the summer, so I wanted to make a list of really interesting places to travel to.

1. The Georgia Aquarium

• The Georgia Aquarium is so beautiful. There is so much to see at this Aquarium. They have penguins, sharks, dolphins and so much more cool stuff. The prices for the Aquarium are not that pricey for general admission tickets. If you want a quick activity to do then I advise going here, you’ll be so satisfied.

2. Centennial Olympic Park

• Centennial Olympic Park is a go to. The park has a Ferris wheel that lights up at night where you can see the city. This could be a really good date idea. During the summer they host many events that are free to go to. On the Fourth of July they even have fireworks on display for everyone to see.

3. Six Flags

• Six Flags Over Georgia is an all day type affair. If you usually go here it would be best to go in the morning that way you have all day to ride the roller coasters. Bring friends and family and enjoy your day. Tickets usually are pricey but if your a fan it would be wise to buy seasonal passes that way you don’t have to keep buying tickets.

4. The World Of Coke

• The World Of Coke is so much fun. They have various  exhibits in the museum. They have a 3-D movie that you get to watch while you are there that gives you background information about coke. They also have an exhibit where you can taste over a hundred flavors of coke from different countries across the World.

5. A Day Trip to Savannah

• If you need somewhere to get away just for a little while, a day trip to Savannah is the perfect place. Savannah Georgia even has a beach called Tybee Island that you can visit. There are many restaurants there and they even have a boardwalk filled with shops and candy stores. This is certainly a quick and inexpensive trip.

6. Escape Room

• Escape The Room in Atlanta is where you are trapped in a room with friends and have to figure out clues to escape. You have approximately 60 minutes to figure out all the clues and games that allow you to be free. If you ever feel like you need something fun to do this is it. If you do not feel like traveling to Atlanta there are also multiple escape games like this located all across Georgia.

Madeline Branch

Georgia Southern

My name is Madeline Branch. If I could describe myself in three words it would have to be funny, caring, and loving. I love to express my creativity through fashion also.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.