This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Spring is officially here, and the only thing better than the weather is the fashion.

It seemed like she would never get here with the unpredictable weather, but it is finally safe (we hope) to put away the coats and boots and bring out the crop tops and sandals. Spring is the best season to experiment with different styles and colors. Spring is for having some fun in your closet and we are here to play.

Check out these trends to incorporate in your spring wardrobe:

Palazzo Pants

These pants are perfect enough to look cute in while not burning up with rising temperatures. They are loose fitting and cool to wear on the warmest days. Another plus is they can be easily dressed up or down to fit any occasion. 

Midi Dresses

Midi dresses are super cute and versatile. They can be worn for a casual day out with your girl friends or for date night with your significant other. Nothing says spring more than a cute, short dress.

Neon

Spring is the perfect season to be as fun and free and neon is the perfect color to do so with. The trees and flowers are becoming full of life and vibrant, so why not match the energy? Neon is for those who don’t mind having all eyes on them, and you definitely deserve the stares. Don’t be afraid to have some neon in your closet.

Crochet

Crochet is definitely a statement-maker. The fabric of crochet tops is durable and airy, suitable for spring. Crochet can be put together with almost anything, so don’t let the style intimidate you. Just with any type of fashion, make it work for you!

Biker Shorts

Biker shorts have been around forever, and the world of fashion has managed to make them…fashionable. These shorts are in the closets of even the non-athletic. You either love them or you hate them, but you have to admit these are super comfy and can really pull off a look or two. If you love leggings for the fall and winter, you will love these for the spring.

Yellow

Yellow graced several runways during NYFW’19 and everyone is falling in love with the color. Spring and yellow are intertwined; you simply cannot have one without the other. Yellow dresses, yellow shoes, yellow nails – the list of where the color has made its appearance is endless. The color is being embraced with open arms and we are here for it. If you do nothing else, pick up some yellow the next time you are out shopping.

I'm either at home writing or sitting at the nearest Starbucks. Writer. Poet. Womanist. PR Girl 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.