Tragedy In Aspen Heights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Last night, the Statesboro police department were called to Aspen Heights, Upon arriving, officers found two people inside with gunshot wounds. Below are both updated police reports. Please check http://publicsafety.statesboroga.gov/category/press-releases/ for any further updates. We are asking everyone to send prayers to the families of those affected and to the Statesboro Community. 

Major Robert W. Bryan, Interim Chief of PoliceStatesboro Police Department25 West Grady StreetStatesboro, Georgia 30458

On 2/21/16 at approximately 2112 hours the Statesboro Police Department responded to Aspen Heights Apartments located at 17358 Highway 67 in reference to conducting a welfare check. As a result of the welfare check officers located two subjects inside the apartment, both had sustained possible gunshot wounds. One subject was pronounced dead at the scene and the other has been transported to Memorial Health for medical treatment.

This is an active investigation and no further information is being released at this time.

——————————————————————————————

On 2/21/16 at approximately 2112 hours, the Statesboro Police Department responded to Aspen Heights Apartments located at 17358 Highway 67 in reference to conducting a welfare check. When the responding officers arrived on the scene they found both front and rear doors of the apartment secured. Officers made forced entry into the apartment and located two subjects inside the apartment, both had sustained gunshot wounds. Antonio Sanchez (age 23, B/M) was pronounced dead at the scene and Allison Fleet (age 23, B/F) has been transported to Memorial Health for medical treatment.

The preliminary investigation leads us to suspect this case is a possible Attempted Murder / Suicide. It is not believed that any other parties are involved in this incident at the present time. However, the case is still under active investigation.

The Statesboro Police Department would like to thank all of the Public Safety Agencies that responded to the scene to assist with this investigation. Those agencies are Bulloch County Sheriffs Office, Georgia Southern University Police Department, Georgia State Patrol, Bulloch County EMS, and Air Evac.

No further information is being released at this time.

Media inquiries for this incident should be directed to:Detective Lieutenant James Winskeyjames.winskey@statesboroga.gov912-212-2303

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.