This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

1. This Is Us (Hulu)

This Is Us is a heartbreaker and a tear jerker so be prepared to go through a box of tissues. This Is Us focuses on three unusual triplets who struggle with their own personal issues that stem from their childhood. Despite being raised by the same two parents, they all have three individual yet, very strong personalities. They struggle with insecurities, doubts, and mental illnesses. After the death of their father, the triplets were never the same. Their lives were changed forever and they found it extremely hard to cope with the death of their father for years. For all three of them their father speaks to them and guides them through everyday life choices, however, his spirit is not enough to ensure a family relationship free from drama. This Is Us shows one families struggle, tragedy, love, tears, joy, and heartache, but it is totally worth every minute of it. 

1. Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)

The Handmaid’s Tale is based on the best-selling novel by Margaret Atwood. This show is set in a time where women are not allowed to do much but be submissive to men. This show is based in the totalitarian society of Gilead (formerly the United States). In a totalitarian society, all political authority is held in the central control of the state. To disagree with the way of life in this society leads to severe punishment and ultimately death. In this state, women are treated as property. Women of high status are married to powerful men that are referred to as commanders; however, birthrates are at an all-time low. Those women that are not of high status and fertile are captured and sectioned to be handmaids. Handmaids are forced into sexual servitude where they are forced to have sex with the commanders while the wife is present in order to provide the couple with the child they have always wanted. After giving birth and breastfeeding the child the handmaid is then placed in another home to repeat the process. There is one handmaid in which the series follows consistently, Offered, who is determined to find a way out of this demeaning and frightening lifestyle and finds her way back to her daughter and husband. 

1. The Innocents (Netflix)

A deeply in love teenage couple, Harry and June, decide to run away together to an unknown place in order to be together. They have no idea what would happen along their journey to another world. During their sacred adventure, they discover an extraordinary and unusual gift that opens a floodgate of amazing forces and powers that could end up separating them forever. Following their journey involves a series of grotesque and strange superhuman abilities that leads to an immense blend of drama and suffering for the couple. This series is somewhat science-fiction with a romantic twist. The show at first is extremely weird but if you stick through it and give it a chance you will find yourself being sucked in and captured by the mysterious events that happen within each episode. 

Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.