kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Best shape for summer

Summer is almost here and every girl knows what that means. The last semester is just finishing up, and if you’re like me, then you may have put on a couple extra pounds from the stress of finals. Well been there done that. After doing some research I came across a diet regime that’ll help you get your summer body fast. It’s not a fad nor a pill, but it’s completely natural. Juicing! Juicing has become very popular over the past years it consists of drinking fruits and vegetables and it’s pretty darn addicting. I tried juicing the end of my freshman year, because the freshmen 15 turned into the 25 for me, when summer started approaching I had to think of ways to cut off those extra pounds I put gained. I searched the internet and found so many lose weight quick fads that turned out to be either unhealthy or unrealistic. I came across juicing from a one of my fave vloggers on YouTube. First thing’s first, Juice cleansing is a “detox” diet that can last from a few days to several weeks in which a person consumes only fruit and vegetable juices to obtain nutrition while otherwise abstaining from eating food. However, I found that not eating is unhealthy in itself, so for this diet I did eat, but it was mainly salads and other vegetables and I still lost weight! For this diet, you’re going to need a juicer, not a blender. Some of my favorite recipes call for carrots, apples (green or red), celery, lemon, and cucumber. The taste is a little different, but the more you drink it the better it tastes. 

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.