St. Patrick’s Day Lineup 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day falls on Tuesday, March 17th this year and Savannah is definitely the place to be if you don’t want to miss out on all the fun festivities! Savannah is less than an hour away and a great getaway for students. Starting on Friday, the 13th, the city of Savannah will be hosting Irish and St. Patricks Day events!

Friday, March 13th : Greening of the Fountain

Come out Forsyth Park for the annual Greening of the Fountain. The Greening ceremony has evolved into one of our most popular events, as the attendance has grown larger every year. 

Saturday, March 14th : Tara Feis Celebration

Held in Emmet Park from 11:00AM- 5:00PM, the Tara Feis Celebration will commence. It’s said that the Tara Feis Irish Celebration in Emmet Park is a feast for the eyes, ears and palate. This family-friendly festival put on by the City of Savannah’s Department of Cultural Affairs is non-alcoholic Irish celebration featuring live music, art, activities, crafts and games, as well as a variety of musicians, storytellers and children’s performers. 

Monday, March 17th : St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

Kick off St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah right with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. This main event brings everything together – family, friends and fun. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah is the second largest in the US, right behind New York. More than 300,000 people are expected to visit and enjoy the city-wide festivities.

Visit http://stayinsavannah.com/st-patricks-day-savannah for parking regulations, wristband information, more events times, and more to plan your St. Patricks Day!

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.