This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Ladies and gentlemen spring break will be here soon, which is music to the ears of all students. What to do? Where to go? How much should one spend on break? All these questions surface every year so I am here to shed some light on a few spring break ideas. Rather it is with friends or family, make your break memorable!

Can’t go wrong with Florida – You can pretty much pick any city in the beautiful Sunshine State and be satisfied. Panama City Beach is a very popular destination where college students have been known to create wonderful chaos among other things. If you are feeling fancy then Miami is the place you. The Miami nightlife is like no other, beautiful people at every turn and you may get to party with your favorite celebrity. There are also serene locations such as West Palm Beach or Jacksonville where you can just relax. Orlando, Florida is a key place to be, I mean it is called the “Theme Park Capitol of the World”. Orlando is home of LEGOLAND, Disney’s Magic Kingdom, SeaWorld as well as numerous other parks so bring out the kid within yourself.

Cabin fever – Grab some friends or family and pack it in some sort of cabin. Cabins are a great place to get away and relax to the fullest. It’s spring break so finding a cabin located within a mountain range is the remedy for your getaway needs. Can you imagine a sea of green trees, quiet nights while only listening to nature or a hot tub anytime you wanted to jump in?

Cruising – Cruises are becoming more and more popular, they are simply great. This is another great idea for friends or family. Cruises are like small cities on a ship because they provide numerous activities, dining establishments, and some signature shopping stores. If that doesn’t excite someone, then maybe the beautiful destination of the cruise can solidify its greatness. Cruises are pretty good in price range as well, plus tickets become cheaper when more people are involved. While on a cruise, venture out onto the deck and look upon that deep blue sea and if you’re lucky enough, you’ll get to see dolphins swimming next to your ship.

Rooooooooadtrip – Grab the crew, pack in a car and hit the road. It doesn’t matter where, anywhere will work as long as you’re in good company. I mean where else can you travel somewhere and hate your friends for five minutes for something they did in the car but reconnect as soon you guys’ song comes on? Everybody loves Punch Buggy right?

Home is where the heart is – Just go home! You can never spend enough time with your family so why not relax at home? When is the last time you saw your niece or nephew? How’s your little brother or sister doing? Have you hugged your grandparents lately? My mind is telling no but my body, my body is telling me yes when it comes to thinking about a great home-cooked meal.

I hope that everyone has a great and safe spring break and if you are still having trouble finding a plan for break, then do what you did last year but up the ante in some way. Later guys!

Kyle King

Georgia Southern

Senior at Georgia Southern University, mass communcations major. Let's have some fun! #Taurus #CarolinaPanthers 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.