This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

As the year draws to a chilly end, the festivities are just beginning. While Halloween isn’t my favorite holiday, the season is approaching faster than ever. COVID-19 has stopped a lot of the major festivities like crowded costume parties and maybe even trick or treating. However, that shouldn’t completely stop you from celebrating the spooky season. Here are some spooky dates for you and your friends or boo–pun intended. 

1. Spooky Movie Night

If you are a fanatic for horror, thriller, suspense, or just festive movies, this is a great time to indulge! This is a perfect time to collect all your Halloween favorites–Get Out, Hocus Pocus, Halloween, etc– and plan a movie night with your friends or your significant other. Top off the night with treats, spooky games, and maybe some festive pajamas for the night. 

1. Spooky Pumpkin Picking

Each spooky season I look forward to pumpkin picking and carving! While this can be a great friend date, this can also be a cute romantic date with your boo. This festivity allows you to relax for the day and explore your artistic skills. 

1. Spooky Baking Night 

Sweets from scratch are always a hundred times better than store-bought sweets. Plus you create amazing memories while you’re doing it. During the quarantine in March and April, I took up baking and learned that I wasn’t so bad at it. Bake your favorite cookies, pies, or even cakes with someone you love, and it becomes twice the fun. 

1. Spooky Costume Contest

Gather three or four of your close friends and host a small spooky costume party! With sweet and salty sweets, music, and costumes, it’s hard to go wrong. A costume contest is a great way to show everyone’s creativity and just a fun way to catch up after being separated from our friends for so long!

Alexis Badger

Georgia Southern '22

Hello everyone! My name is Alexis Badger and I am currently a senior at Georgia Southern University studying Writing & Linguistics with a minor in Multimedia Journalism. During my free time, I enjoy reading and posting on my reading blog (IG: @readwith.lex). After graduation, I hope to work on publishing my own work.