SOLD WORKSHOP-Challenge And Support

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Associate Professor, Leadership, Technology & Human Development Dr. Fayth Parks presented an awesome workshop on challenging and supporting the members of your organizations. Parks encircled the workshop around Dr. Nervitt Sandford’s Theory of Challenge and Support. His theory stated that one of the reasons for you to go to college is to learn how to live the best life. Sanford suggested that in order for a college student to excel, that student must need an optimal balance between challenge and support. Environments that promote too much challenge without adequate support can cause defensiveness and anxiety. Oppositely environments that are too supportive may leave the student restless as they find themselves more comfortable. Dr. Fayth Parks closed here workshop asking us what we would do to challenge yet support our organizations.

Below is the rest of the schedule for the SOLD Series. Be sure to check them out, they are great free experience.

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.