This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Small Business Sunday ft. Chelsea Brinson:

“The Dainty Den”

This week I had the pleasure of interviewing a young lady from Statesboro, Ga by the name of Chelsea Brinson. Chelsea is an entrepreneur and business owner of a clothing boutique called “The Dainty Den”. Chelsea got her bachelors in psychology from Spelman University. She went to further her education in New York at Columbia University and got her masters in Mental Health Counseling! After going back and forth on different names for her brand, she settled on “The Dainty Den”. She chose this name because she wanted other young ladies to feel dainty and confident when they put on her clothes.  

After talking with Chelsea she explained to me that she had been into fashion since she was a little kid. Chelsea explained to me that dressing up and styling other people gave her a thrill; she enjoyed making other people feel good about the outfits they wore. She found a way to put her talents and hobbies into something that not only pursed her passion but also gave her benefits. We all know that nothing worth having comes easy, and I think it is important to understand this. I asked Chelsea what the most difficult thing about being an entrepreneur was and she explained that there are challenges in running things on your own:

“When you’re working with a team you can depend on other people to do things that you can’t or motivate you, but when you’re running a business on your own it can be difficult to always have that motivation for yourself and to reassure yourself that you’re doing everything right.”

So, to all the entrepreneurs — even having the will to start and promote your own business means you’re already winning, go secure that bag! Her advice to anyone wanting to start a business or anyone trying to run a business is:

“Just do it. Don’t wait for the money, don’t wait for someone to tell you that you should, and don’t wait for the perfect time, because I feel like the perfect time is always now; you might not ever have another chance at it”.

So, whatever you want to do in life don’t wait; do it now. There is not a more perfect time. 

Simone Sanders

Georgia Southern '21

I am a writer for HC at Georgia Southern University.