This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The first thing about skin that people have to understand is that genetics play a large role in the skin’s appearance. However, there is so much that you can do for your skin regardless! Your skin is the largest organ you have, and we have to take care of it like we take care of our other organs. The first thing you’ll hear people say is they have clear skin because they mind their business, which is honestly true. Different levels of stress can affect your skin in a similar way that hormones do and remaining positive calms those stress levels. The most important thing you need to do before any skincare is your water intake and diet. Drinking and eating water has many benefits, clear and elastic skin being a big one. Regularly eat fruits like grapes and watermelon while drinking half your weight in ounces every day. Try to avoid touching your face because your fingers are porous and hold germs, change your sheets and pillowcases regularly and disinfect your phone all the time. In the morning and at night at the same time you brush your teeth, you should do your skincare routine over the sink and not in the shower. I recommend investing in skincare cleansers because that’s the basis for having a good skin routine. The steps for a routine starts with cleaning your face with a cleanser and a brush (or really something clean and other than your hands). Use toner or tonic water to get rid of uneven skin tone, dark spots, and to make your skin absorbent of moisture. Use a serum that is specific for your skin type, and a roller to avoid using your hands and to drain your lymph nodes. I use eye cream, moisturizer, and sunscreen to finish. It seems like shopping for skincare products can be expensive, but you can always come to good products that don’t cost too much. TJ Maxx, Walmart, and Target are all places with more affordable prices. I don’t mind spending a lot on skin care products because they normally can last a little over a year and the results truly speak for themselves.

Arria McGinty

Georgia Southern '24

My name is Arria McGinty, I’m from Okinawa Japan and I'm a Taurus. I have such an appreciation for literature, and I love to write! I focus on wellness and self care, whether it’s education, physical fitness, or mental health. I love writing about things that people connect with and relate to, and if they can't relate to it at least they can learn from it.
Jorden Allen

Georgia Southern '21

Jorden is a sophomore journalism major at Georgia Southern University. She grew up in Atlanta, GA and enjoys sleeping, eating and watching football! #southernneverstate #hailsouthern #gata