timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Signs That It’s Time To Let Him Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

No one deserves to be in a crappy relationship or have constant relationship uncertainty. Sometimes, girls, it’s just time to let it go.

Here are 5 signs that maybe it’s time to break up :(

1) THE FIGHTING

Every couple has their fights don’t get me wrong, but it’s the nature of the fights that you need to be paying attention to. When the fights become less situational is when you need to decide if you can or cannot work it out. For instance, is every little thing he does that use to make you laugh just start to bug you? Do you feel the need to complain about the way he does things? Like tiny little things? Think about it.

2) THE COMMUNICATION

Do you feel like no matter what you say to your significant other it just goes in one ear and out the other? Does it seem like there’s this wall between you two that you constantly have to break down every time you want to voice your opinion? This is super unhealthy. In my opinion, when you’re in a happy and loving situation, not every little thing needs to be explained/expressed. Say how you feel one time, and if you feel ignored…. It’s time to reevaluate.

3) THE SPARK

“The spark” is the most important thing to me in relationships. Every day I want to wake up excited to spend all day with my significant other. If there is no spark, I feel like I’m wasting time. You both deserve to feel the spark every day, even if you two are having a dispute. It’s what makes the love worthwhile.

4) THE DISTANCE

Can you feel the distance? Physically, emotionally, or both? This is super important to pay attention to because THIS is the sign that just sneaks up on you the most. Are you two just not on the same page anymore?

5) THE LOVE

​​ You can feel when the love just isn’t there anymore and that’s a gradual experience. Are you beginning to just go through the motions of your relationship instead of actually enjoying it? You can ignore it all you want, but it’s best to let it go before this feeling turns into hate.

Breakups are sad, scary and inevitable. If you recognize any of these signs, it’s time to think about what needs to come next. You’ll bounce back eventually!

Current senior at the Georgia Southern University. I love music (mostly 90's), and I love movies (mostly horror). In my spare time, I like to pretend I know how to dance or I'll watch post production videos on youtube :)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.