This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

After insulting women, immigrants, Mexicans, the disabled, and the list definitely continues, Donald Trump still miraculously won the election. Please keep in mind Trump lost the popular votes by approximately 2.9 million votes! (I still believe somewhere, somehow things were rigged). But let’s talk about the current issue here, because hey what’s done is done. Here we are in 2017, and more or less Trump is always in the headlines.

With such a controversial presidential election as well as results, America is taking things into their own hands. Who said we had to support this monster? Exactly! Let’s look into how retail America responded. Many people are persuading and putting an end to doing business with the Trumps across the board, and if I do say so myself I LOVE IT.

Nordstrom was considered one of the first stores to slam on breaks. Earlier this month, Nordstrom decided that as a company they will no longer carry Ivanka Trump’s line of clothes and shoes due to a poor performance in sales. *CHEERS*

Following Nordstrom we have TJ Maxx. Based on several reports, the corporate owner of TJ Maxx sent a memo telling employees to throw away Ivanka Trump’s signs and merchandise. *Dabs, cha-cha slide, shimmies, all that* Now that’s how you do it!! I love TJ Maxx even more.

Remember the entire situation with Uber and the recent uproar regarding their intentions with the money made from the popular service? What about the hashtag #DeleteUber, that trended for weeks? Yeah so you’re on the right track. Guess what happened next?! The CEO of Uber, Travis Kalanick stepped down from Trump’s business advisory council.

I am so proud of the change that America is attempting to make. Although our nation has many problems, this is a step. We, the people, hold the power!

Mykalah Woodson

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.