This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you’re anything like me then you dread spring.

Nothing against the season itself. I mean, there’s all the beautiful clear skies and not-too-hot-but-not-too-cold weather. And all the great vibrant colors and new fashions! Let’s not forget the holidays: St. Patrick’s day in Savannah and Easter with the family. These are all great and wonderful things that highlight the spring season.

But there is one dark cloud.

Or rather, it’s a yellow cloud.

It’s on the car and in the streets and up your nose. That’s right guys, I’m talking about pollen!

We all love to look at flowers and they’re a nice gift to girls that like them, but all the pollen! Come on!

Having to deal with pollen allergies while in college is hard. I mean, all you want to do is stay in your house where the air is filtered and you can breathe easily. But you have to go to classes or to work or to some event. And so you must brave the dreaded pollen clouds.

And heaven forbids if your class takes place outside. Then you’re simply reduced to a sneezing mess!

Oh and then over the counter allergy medicines don’t help all that much. Either you’ve become immune or it’s Benadryl and so halfway through your class you’re off in la la land, counting sheep.

So . . . how do you overcome these challenges you may be wondering. Well . . . I don’t have an answer for that. The truth of the matter is, you’ve just got to wing it. I’m currently just trying to power through the rest of the pollen season.

But look on the bright side, it’s only for a month and half and then you can go to the beach!

Samantha Harvey

Georgia Southern

I was born in New York. I go to Georgia Southern University. I love to write and read.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.