This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

October is the month in which fall scented candles, hoodies, Halloween candy, and pumpkin-flavored anything come to shine. So does music. A ton of artists have dropped their albums usually to conclude the end of their year and to start listing dates for their tours, so people know what to ask for Christmas. This month I am here to share some gems. 

Is He Real? – IDK

Alrighty, this album came out at the beginning of September, but I had no idea how great it is. The album is a story and it is a really good one. You learn about the artists’ mother Julia who died from AIDS from the artists’ step-father. An emotional ending to the album, but honestly a great album. The songs on my playlist are December and Lilly. I highly recommend anyone to give it a listen. 

HIGHEST IN THE ROOM – Travis Scott

On October 4, my father Travis Scott finally dropped HITR. A song the Ragers have been waiting for since he performed it live in concert. Weeks leading to the drop Reddit was flooded with leaks of just the chorus so when the video was dropped everyone was shocked. Excited for the next stage of Travis. Some speculate an 808 & heartbreak Travis Scott coming soon due to the breakup with Kylie Jenner. 

DHL – Frank Ocean

On, October 19 Frank Dropped. That is all I can say I made an entire post just about this… I have no more to say but check it out

Häagen Dazs – Ghetto Sage

I love this song. It is funny but well done. This is one of those songs your boyfriends playing, and you inconspicuously figure out what it is called so you can listen to it when he is not there. Also, I just love Noname, Saba, and Smino sooooooo much. 

World on Fire – 24hrs

All I can say is that I really like it. I actually like 24hrs vibe in the majority of his songs. This album is no exception, honestly, I might like this one more than his other projects. The songs I have on the playlist are Pick It Up and Flick, but on workout playlist ohhhh there is a few more from the album.

Woptober II – Gucci Mane 

How are we going to have an October playlist without Gucci? We cannot. The album is pretty much placed on my workout playlist with Move Me, Opps and Adversaries, and Big Booty. On the actual October playlist, Big Booty is on it because I just could not.

Dior Deposits – Guapdad 4000

My boyfriend put me on to this album the night it came out. This dude is hilarious. The songs on my playlist are Izayah, Stunt On Ghost, and Gucci Pajamas. I encourage anyone to listen to Jigga Juice’s Prayer because that is my boyfriend and I’s morning prayer now… please do not be offended by my joke, but it is hilarious. 

Over It – Summer Walker

Go listen to it. That is all I can say. I honestly loved this album. I listened to it all of the time and even heard my roommates playing it on repeat some nights. I really like the songs Playing Games and I’ll Kill You, both are on the October playlist.

Rules – Doja Cat

I love Doja Cat so when I saw she dropped a new song I had to listen. I really enjoy Doja Cat and I actually like her music so yeah. 

Well, that concludes the new music I really enjoyed this month. A lot of other albums came out this month as well that I did not mention including Kanye dropped, but I refuse to listen to a Gospel album by him. I have heard a few songs and honestly, I am not the biggest fan of gospel…mainly because I did not grow up in a very religious household and I was exposed to other music instead. Regardless of that, there is a whole song about Chick-Fil-A. Rex Orange County dropped, but I honestly do not really like his songs, so I did not listen to it. So many artists dropped though, and you can always google “what new albums to come out during this month” and Genius will have a calendar, but besides that, I am waiting for Lil Boat 3. 

Other songs on my playlist this month are by artists Mac Miller, Ariana Grande, Aminé, Tobi Lou, Flo Milli, Childish Major, Don Toliver, JID, Smino, Kota the Friend, SiR, blAck pARty, The Internet, GoldLink, Ryan Trey, BROCKHAMPTON, Danger Incorporated, Steve Lacy, Saba, and Kali Uchis. The link to the full playlist is here.

Kiara Rosado

Georgia Southern '21

Kiara Rosado attends Georgia Southern University and is a Public Relations major from Lawrenceville, Georgia. She loves music, movies, makeup, fashion, and food. If you cannot find her on campus check the local coffee shop or the gym. Always dressed to her best and looking for inspiration on what to write next.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.