Orgs on Campus for Black Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Looking for an org that stands for what you believe in and is also all inclusive? There’s plenty to choose from on Georgia Southern’s campus!

• Black Student Alliance (B.S.A) This organization focuses on raising community and social awareness, to advocate for the recruitment of black students, faculty and staff by the university, and to foster understanding and communication between the community on racial and ethnic issues, along with much more.
    • Twitter: @BSAGaSouthern
    • IG: @gasouthernbsa
  • Collegiate 100 (Men’s and Women’s)– This is an organization that stands on leadership and mentorship of young children in the Statesboro community. They also fundraise to make money for a scholarship fund that helps to send two graduating high school seniors to the college of their choice.
    • Twitter: @GSUC100; @C100WGASouthern
    • IG: @gsuc100; @c100womengsu

• National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)– The purpose of this organization is to lead, advocate for and empower women of African descent, their families, and their communities.
    • Twitter: @GsuNcnw
    • IG: @ncnw_ofgsu

• N.A.A.C.P. – This is an organization devoted to creating equality and justice for African Americans as well as minorities on the Georgia Southern campus. It encourages its members to challenge laws and policies that are unjust and bring public awareness to them in the GSU and Statesboro community.
    • Twitter: @naacp2gs
    • IG: @naacp2gs

• Men of Vision and Excellence (M.O.V.E.) – This organization is a Georgia Southern initiative under the Office of Multicultural Affairs to help increase the retention and graduation of African American males by creating a positive peer community based on a spirit of caring. M.O.V.E uses professional advising and mentorship to help its members excel academically, culturally, socially, and spiritually in the community. (formerly known as Student African American Brotherhood)
    • Twitter: @GSUMOVE
    • IG: @gsu_move

• Student African American Sisterhood (S.A.A.S.)– This organization seeks to improve the lives of its members through creating supportive networks among African American women while encouraging and assisting with personal and professional development. They also provide strategies for educational attainment and success throughout the collegiate experience and beyond.
    • Twitter: @GSU_SAAS
    • IG: @gsu_saas

• African Student Association (A.S.A.) – This organization was created in order to bridge the cultural gap, break down certain stereotypes, and build a better tomorrow between the African and non-African students of Georgia Southern University.
    • Twitter: @asagsouthern
    • IG: @asagsouthern

• Caribbean Student Association (C.S.A.)– The purpose of the Caribbean Student Association is to bring awareness of the Caribbean culture and all of its attributes and affirmations to Georgia Southern’s campus by properly representing all islands, countries and their cultures through different on campus events.
    • Twitter: @csa_gsu
    • IG: @csa_gsu

• F.I.N.E.S.S.E- This is a women’s organization that encourages women to pursue careers in business and law, however all majors and career paths are welcomed. They assist in the enhancement of the physical and mental stature of women in the workplace.
    • Twitter: @finessesouthern
    • IG: @finesse_southern
Jorden Allen

Georgia Southern '21

Jorden is a sophomore journalism major at Georgia Southern University. She grew up in Atlanta, GA and enjoys sleeping, eating and watching football! #southernneverstate #hailsouthern #gata
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.