This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Let’s be honest with ourselves for five minutes here. Am I the only one who gets a little bit jealous when I see a couple all boo’d up and what not? All that holding hands, kissy faces, all that lovey-dovey romantic stuff makes me look up to the sky and say, Lord, I’m know I’m fine (wait, I know I’m GORGEOUS), but dang where is my boo thang?

My mom used to tell me all the time, “Taisha, you just have to be patient because if you are not, you are going to get involved with the wrong people.” Of course I didn’t listen to her and guess what? I ended up getting myself in a situation thinking it could of went in the love direction, but it ended up turning in the opposite direction. (Funny how Mom is always right when you do something wrong).

Now-a-days, relationships in my generation are like finding a phone booth… NON-EXISTENT!!! The people of my generation don’t treat love like a 90’s love song. You know smooth and mellow, speaking on real feelings and emotions, giving their all into the good and the bad of the relationship. Now, if you hear a song about love, it’s about humping, grinding, hitting and quitting, and getting as many hoes you can. Don’t even get me started on the videos. They are literally all the same. Some random Instagram chick whose pictures only showcase her silicone-filled butt and breasts.

I guess it’s just me, but I don’t care for all that stuff. I feel like love should be when you truly connect with someone, not based off looks, but emotional, spiritually and mentally. All that PDA is just an added bonus to be with someone in that manner, but what really matter is how each of you can learn from each other and grow with each other. I don’t know a lot of people my age who still value a relationship other than two people who just happen to be with each other).

I guess it’s maybe how I grew up as well. My parents have been married for 24 years, grandparents for 49 years and my older sister for 10 and what I notice about all of them is that throughout the ups and downs of their marriages ( and trust me, I have seen some crazy stuff), they still are able to be there for each other and support each other. Am I’m saying that I want to get married? NOT RIGHT NOW!!! Give me about 5-10 years.

So to whomever my new boo thang will be, understand that I am not some random chick who is down just to add to your number. I’m completely different from a lot of these chicks out here. No, I’m not going to be available to you when you during booty call hour (in case you didn’t know, its 12-3 am), nor will I be some chick that you just ignore after you get what you want and go about your day. I deserve love, real love and if you are not about that life or are not willing to bring that this way, then step off because I’m not wasting my time with no fool.

I’m about real love, real issues, and real commitment because that is how I was raised. I can be the best thing out there if you let me, but you got to be willing to be the best thing out there for me as well.

So I just have one question for you…So is you down or NAH?!?!?

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.