This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Freshmen, some of us, look at college as a learning experience. Well, at least that’s what our parents, aunts, uncles, and every other family member who seems to know so much about college but haven’t stepped foot on a campus is decades say. Being young and coming into college, we realize we have a lot more freedom than we would have had back in high school. This including our parents being down our backs 24/7. This is even turn about our personal relationships.

Let’s try this. . . . Go back to your senior year of high school and the summer right before starting college. You’re with this significant other you have been with for almost all of high school. They are going to school in Iowa on a basketball scholarship and you are here – at Georgia Southern. . . .What do you do?

Do you stay?

Do you go?

What do you do?

Consider these few thing:

Look at how long you and your significant other have been together.

Look at all the campus cuties here at Georgia Southern.

Look at all the parties and/or clubs you will possibly be attending on and off campus.

Look at how crazy things would be between you and your partner, because let’s face it, we all have insecurities and we all get jealous.

Okay, so where do you go from here?

I don’t know about you, but my mama always told me, if it was real love, it will come back.

Jackie A. Steward

Georgia Southern

Hey, I'm Jackie. I'm a freshman, double majoring in psychology and sociology. I am the youngest sibling on both mom and dad side of the family. My favorite color is green, my favorite number is five and I've loved to cheer almost all my life. I'm pretty outgoing and I'm probably the goofiest person I know.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.