This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

1. Sleep

Senior Year can be the most demanding and tiresome year for many college students. Between trying to juggle classwork, friendships, relationships, hobbies, family, and your own personal time, it can be a bit overwhelming. However to keep a level head and good health it’s in your best interest to get as much rest as you can. It’s recommended that you get 6-8 hours of rest, which can seem almost impossible with our demanding schedules. If you can, distribute those hours throughout your day with naps, or really use your weekends to get the rest you deserve. Neglecting your rest can result in your immune system weakening which can cause you to get a cold and that wouldn’t be good at all!

1. Start a Career Plan

Graduation may seem far away when school starts back up, but it comes around faster than you think. Take time out to invest in yourself and make yourself marketable in your career field. Visit our career service office to get help on your resume, find out about internships, do mock interviews and receive feedback on your interviews, and more. Also, keep in mind that college is the best time to network. Make those beneficial connections while you can because it’s not always what you know, it’s who you know that also matters to get your foot in the door. Attend events like career fairs, panels, workshops, conferences, and organization fairs that also gear toward your career field.

1. Grad school or Nah?

Depending on your major you might feel grad school is necessary. Do research on your career field and what’s required or recommended for you to be successful in your career field.

1. Be financially smart

Although this might not be a problem for some, loans will be waiting for you after you graduate. Start planning financially for your life after graduation. Where are you going to live? Will you have a job waiting for you when you graduate, if not what’s your plan B job? How much do you want to have saved by the time you graduate? How long will your savings last you after graduate?

1. Have fun

Yes, it’s time more than ever to plan for your future, but this is also the last year of your undergrad years in college! Make a bucket list and do things you have yet to do. Explore the world around you outside your campus, make memorable moments with your friends, and live in the moment! 

Danyelle Gaines

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.